PINE HOLLOW MIDDLE SCHOOL
January 31, 2020
Pine Hollow Parents,
Here's a sampling of some of our highlights from the last couple weeks at Pine Hollow:
- New Chromebooks: We rolled out 108 brand new Chromebooks last week for our 6th Grade Hall. This is the first large tech upgrade at our site in years, and our goal is to continue to replace about 25% of our Chromebooks each year moving forward.
- New Benches: The MDUSD Facilities Department purchased and installed 12 new benches in the front of the school to improve safety and make the pick up area more comfortable.
- Paper: Over 100 reams of paper have been dropped off at our office as part of the PTSA's Paper Drive!
- Cocktails with Campo: Our PTSA hosted nearly 40 people at last week's Cocktails with Campo event at Skipolini's! Look out for our next one later this semester.
- New Basketballs, Chairs, and Supplies Donated: In the last two weeks, we received 12 new basketballs for lunch-time play, a half-dozen lightly-used chairs for our teachers, and a truckload of goodies and supplies for our PBIS store!
- iReady Success: Over the last couple weeks, all of our students have taken the iReady Diagnostic #2 in Math and Reading. The scores and growth we've seen during this Diagnostic are the best we've seen in years!
Thank you for all your support, have a great Super Bowl Weekend (GO NINERS!), and please reach out if you need anything from us! Best,
Pine Hollow Middle School
8th Grade Yearbook Ads on Sale Now!
Minimum Day on Friday, 2/7
Site Council to Vote on Safety Plan
Student Clubs and Sports
- Animal Club
- Anime Club
- Art Club
- Chess Club
- Homework Club
- Lego Club
- Pokemon Club
- Music Club
- Robotics Club
- Sports Club
PTSA Copy Paper Drive
Important Upcoming Dates
- February 3: Basketball vs Oak Grove MS
- February 4: Site Council Meeting
- February 7: End Q3 Progress Period / Minimum Day
- February 10: No School (Teacher In-Service Day)
- February 14: No School (School Recess)
- February 17: No School (Presidents' Day)
- February 26: PTSA Meeting