What is advertising?
by Leila Sekic
- Advertising is the activity or profession of producing advertisements for commercial products or services.
- There are many methods of advertising, such as pop ups on the internet, video advertisement before YouTube videos, emails in personal inboxes, and advertisement banners on the sides of websites. There are other forms of advertisement that don't include the internet, like billboards, magazines, flyers, and commercials on t.v.
- To a degree, advertising does improve the quality of life. It makes it easier to find products or sources you're looking for. For example, if you are in the need for a car and you don't know where to start looking for one, it's very likely that you will see an advertisement from a car dealership.
- Advertising influences people by persuading them to buy the product or service that the company is selling.
- The seller will often tell you good things about their company and offer deals in the advertisement. They might also slightly put down other companies that are selling the same product as them.
- A few brands of French daily routine products include : Nivea, L'Oreal, Christian Dior, Coco Chanel, and Christian Louboutin.
L'Oreal makes all kinds of products like shampoo, conditioner, and different types of make-up.
Nivea is known for their skin care products and their lip care products.
Christian Louboutin is a French designer who is famous for his shoes that have red soles.
- Both of the pictures above are advertising makeup. Foundation to be more exact.
- The audience the ad is targeting is women/men who wear makeup and makeup artists.
- The goal of both of the advertisements is to show the customer their product and to persuade the customer to buy the product.
- What makes it so interesting is that both ads are fairly simple. They both show a picture of models next to a picture of their product with a few simple sentences about the product. Also, both of the ads are most likely to be found in a magazine.
Rihanna Official Nivea Skin Commercial 2011
- Here, Nivea is advertising one of their skin cremes.
- The ad is targeting everybody because it shows clips of people of all ages using their product.
- The goal is to get you to buy their creme.
- What makes it interesting is that they can target many people in one ad. They use small, simple clips that show people using their products in different ways. Like one clip showed a person is putting the product on a baby's feet, and another clip showed a young girl and presumably her grandma putting the product on their noses.