Carver Middle School Newsletter
March 24, 2019
Greetings Carver Community!
This week is our last before Spring Break and it will be action packed. Course request sheets will be distributed to students tomorrow, 3/25/19. Please be on the lookout for this very important document. Please complete it as soon as possible and have your student return it to school.
Students are scheduled to take MAP tests this week. This assessment is very important as we track the academic progress of all our students and are able to develop data based, individualized plans for students. Please make sure that your child eats breakfast, is well rested and fully charges his/her chromebook.
CCPS Summer Camp registration begins tomorrow, 3/25/19 at 10 am. Please log on to http://mychesterfieldschools.com/ for more information.
Last but not least, congratulations are in order for our Teacher and Students of the Year! This week Mrs. Latoya Daniels was named G.W. Carver MS Teacher of the Year for all of her hard work and dedication in the classroom and beyond! Our Students of the Year are Mariah Booker and Christian Eastling. Both students exemplify our Core Values of equity, integrity, ingenuity and teamwork. Congratulations to both students and their families!
Thank you and have a great Spring Break!
Anthony J. McLaurin, Ed.D.
Carver MS Students of the Year with Dr. McLaurin!
Mariah Booker and Christian Eastling, Carver MS Students of the Year!
Teacher of the Year Latoya Daniels & Dr. McLaurin!
Use the PTA website at: https://carverpta.ptboard.com/ to sign up.
1. Log in or create an account.
2. On the "Join School" pop up screen enter code: 9XKCHR.
3. Sign up to assist with events, purchase spirit wear, raise funds and assist the PTA in supporting our students!
March- April 2019
March 26- Girls Soccer v. Swift Creek @ Carver, 3pm.
March 27- Track meet hosting Salem Middle @ Carver, 2:30pm.
March 27-28- MAP Testing
March 28- Girls Soccer @ Manchester Middle, 3 pm.
March 29- Student 3 hour early release
April 1-5- Spring Break
- Carver Mornings will return after Spring Break.
- Starting March 4, 2019, seventh and eighth grade students will no longer report to the cafeteria for breakfast. Students will have grab and go breakfast stations on their grade level hallways and will eat breakfast in classrooms.
- Starting February 4, 2019 students are not allowed to utilize cell phones during the instructional day. Students are expected to leave phones in their lockers before first period if they choose to bring them to school.
- Students will be dismissed in the following order- 8th graders, 7th graders, 6th graders.