AHS Tiger Tales
January 30 - February 3
Information for All Students
- Key Club's Color Run: AHS Key Club is excited to host our color run, Colors for Children's, which benefits Children's Hospital. The event will take place Saturday, February 18, at AHS and includes a 5K and 1-Mile run option. Participants who sign up by Sunday, February 5, will receive a white t-shirt with the race logo to wear on the run and get colorful! Please use this link to sign up.
- The Sheet, AHS's Literary and Art Magazine: Auburn High School is thrilled to announce that The Sheet has been named an Excellent magazine by the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) in the 2022 Recognizing Excellence in Art and Literary Magazines (REALM) contest! Congratulations to Ms. Muschara and The Sheet's staff. According to the NCTE press release, "This year, schools in 42 states and five countries nominated 262 student magazines. Magazines from middle school, high school, and higher education were welcomed for the 2022 contest. According to Ms. Muschara, The Sheet’s Club Advisor, this was their first year going to print and the staff worked so hard to make it special. The REALM program publicly recognizes excellent literary magazines produced by students with the support of their teachers. REALM is designed to encourage all schools to develop literary magazines that celebrate the art and craft of writing."
- Preorders for a hard copy of The Sheet (2022-2023 - Issue #4) are available for students, parents, faculty and staff on MySchoolBucks. They are $15. Last year’s award-winning copy was a stunning, colorful print magazine showcasing the art and writing of the student body. It was also edited and designed by our student-led staff. Preorders will be on sale through Saturday, April 15. Please consider purchasing a copy to support our students and show your appreciation for some of the talent in the arts here at AHS.
Information for Seniors and Juniors
- National Honor Society: Eligibility letters for the 2023 National Honor Society have been sent to junior and senior students who qualify for NHS. These letters are sent through the mail to the mailing address on file at Auburn High School, so please be on the lookout for them. If students have questions, they should see Ms. Snyder or Ms. Hopf.
Information for Juniors
- ACT Saturday Prep Session Registration: The “real” ACT is being given at AHS on Tuesday, March 14, and the LAST two ACT Saturday Prep Sessions are approaching (Saturdays: February 4 and February 18 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.). Please use this link to register for our February 4 session, which will focus on the MATH and ENGLISH tests (students should be logged in to their iPads to access the form and register). There is limited seating available, and registration for the February 4 session closes on Wednesday, February 1, at 3:00 p.m. The session will include practice tests, teacher feedback, and a free Chick-Fil-A lunch at the end! If students have attended the other sessions and attend both February 4 and February 18, they will have completed a FULL ACT.
- Registration for the February 18 session, which focuses on READING and SCIENCE, the week prior to the session, so be sure to check future Tiger Tales newsletters and the AHS website for that information.
Information for Sophomores
- Order an AHS Class Ring: Balfour will be on campus in the Athletics Building on Friday, February 3, during all lunch waves to help students order their Official Auburn High School Class Ring. A condensed ring packet is available in the front office for students to pick up, and students may also order their ring online. To learn more about the customization of an Official AHS Class Ring, please watch this short video of the four simple design steps.
- There are four different payment options:
- Debit/Credit Card Interest Free Installment Plan
- Total cost of the ring is divided by 3 monthly interest-free payments
- $80.00 Minimum Deposit & Balance Due
- Pay the $80.00 deposit on ordering day and pay the remaining balance at delivery
- $80.00 Minimum Deposit Layaway Plan
- Pay the $80 deposit on ordering day and make payments leading up to delivery
- Payment in full
- Deposits are due Friday, February 3.
- Pearson Alsobrook, our Balfour representative, will help size the student's finger and assist them in filling out the rest of the order form on that day. Please contact Mr. Alsobrook with any questions about ordering an AHS Official Class Ring: Pd.email@example.com.
- International Baccalaureate Program Enrollment Extension: Due to high demand and an increase in requested consultations, open enrollment / program recruitment for the International Baccalaureate Program at AHS will be extended through the month of February. Current 10th graders who are interested in pursuing the IB Diploma Program should email or see Mr. Tindell in Office #1210 to schedule an individual IB consult: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminders from Previous Weeks
- Monday, March 13 - Tiger Connect Bell Schedule: AHS will be giving the ACT to juniors on Tuesday, March 14, 2023, which is the Tuesday following spring break. In order to complete all test preparation activities prior to the test date, we will run our Tiger Connect Bell Schedule on Monday, March 13, instead of Wednesday, March 15. Please reference the schedules below; this is especially important for those students who have late arrival, early release, dual enrollment, hospital internship, and work-based learning as the schedule indicates expected arrival and dismissal times throughout the day.
- AHS Summer Driver Education Information: The summer Driver Education Course will be held in June and is a seven-day commitment. The classroom phase is June 5 - 8, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the AHS Cafeteria (students MUST be present every day to receive credit). The three-day driving phase will be scheduled in class (instructors will work around vacations, work, camps, etc., but the student MUST be able to complete three days of driving during the month of June to receive credit, which again, makes this a seven-day commitment).
- Students must be 15 years of age and must be Auburn High students as of fall 2023.
- Students must be able to attend all four days of the classroom phase, as well as the three-day driving phase.
- Students/Parents must register online via MySchoolBucks from a desktop or laptop computer; a cell phone or iPad/tablet will not provide the functionality necessary to complete the process. Again, online registration is the only option available.
- There are 192 spots, and they will go fast.
- The cost is $120.00, and no refunds will be offered.
- MySchoolBucks registration opens Wednesday, February 15, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. MSB registration will not be active prior to 6:00 p.m.
- Lee County Mountain Bike Team: Anyone in grades 6 through 12 that is interested in joining an awesome mountain bike team should email email@example.com for information about the team and how to join. All skill levels are welcome!
- ACE T-shirt Sale: The Afro-Cultural Education Club’s 5th annual Black History Program will be held February 19 at 3:00 p.m. This year’s theme is ELEVATE! We would love for faculty, staff, students, and families to support the ACE Club by purchasing an ELEVATE T-shirt. Please use this link to purchase on MSB. The deadline is February 21.
- SUSCC Technical Division Open House: Southern Union State Community College will host its Technical Division Open House on Thursday, February 9, from 4:00 - 6:30 p.m. in the Center for Integrated Manufacturing located at 301 Lake Condy Road in Opelika. This is an opportunity to explore program offerings, get scholarship information, and learn about the F.A.M.E. work-based learning program. Please see the attached flyer for additional information.
- Student Council Meeting - Wednesday, February 1, at 7:45 a.m. in the schola
- ACE Meeting - Wednesday, February 1, at 3:35 p.m. in the schola
- Physics Club Meeting - Wednesday, February 1, at 3:35 p.m. in room 1234
- EDUCATE Meeting - Wednesday, February 1, at 3:45 p.m. in room 1110
- Spanish Club Meeting - Thursday, February 2, at 3:45 p.m. in the schola
- Investment Club Meeting - Monday, February 6, at 7:45 a.m. in room 1306
- Please be sure to attend because they are taking the club picture at this meeting.
- DECA Club Meeting - Monday, February 6, at 3:35 p.m. in room 1306
- Please be sure to attend because they are taking the club picture at this meeting.
- Those competing at CDC will stay after the picture to finalize preparation efforts. If students are not competing, please stay to help with the preparation.
Important Dates to Remember
AHS Curriculum Night - Thursday, February 16
President's Day Holiday - Monday, February 20 (no school)
Spring Break - March 6-10 (no school)
Tiger Connect Bell Schedule - Monday, March 13
ACT Testing for Juniors (Virtual Day for Seniors and Sophomores) - Tuesday, March 14
Regular Bell Schedule - Wednesday, March 15
Quarter 3 (3rd 9 weeks) Ends - Friday, March 17
Quarter 4 (4th 9 weeks) Begins - Monday, March 20
Prom - Saturday, April 22
Last Day of School for Seniors - Wednesday, May 17
Last Day of School - Thursday, May 25
Graduation - Thursday, May 25
ALL students need to join the Counseling Schoology Page, access code CDKZ-ZVQ7-GTSJS.
Late Arrival, Early Release, and Off-campus Dual Enrollment students must secure reliable transportation to be on campus for AHS Traditional courses and off campus otherwise.
Students' Schoology logins are their school username and their school lunch number (ex: jjsmith/1234)
Where to Find Help
Medical/Health Needs & COVID-19 Reporting: Contact our school nurses!
Nurse Alissa Compton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nurse Krystal Lorton, email@example.com
Academic and/or General Assistance: Contact our school administrators!
Families with Last Names A – E: Ms. Justina Wills, firstname.lastname@example.org
Families with Last Names F – K: Mr. Chris Hames, email@example.com
Families with Last Names L – R: Mr. Jamie Rice, firstname.lastname@example.org
Families with Last Names S – Z: Ms. Beth Antoine, email@example.com
Auburn High School Principal: Dr. Shannon Pignato, firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic and Emotional Support: Contact our school counselors!
Families with Last Names A – E: Ms. Isalie Corneil, email@example.com
Families with Last Names F – K: Ms. Marie Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org
Families with Last Names L – R: Ms. Heather Langford, email@example.com
Families with Last Names S – Z: Ms. Nichole Warren, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Health Counselor, Student Services and Support: Ms. Sheryl Smith, email@example.com
Technical Assistance: Use the Help Desk!
On our school webpage: https://www.auburnschools.org/domain/2254
Ways to Stay Informed: Visit these websites!
Auburn City Schools - https://www.auburnschools.org/
Auburn High School - https://www.auburnschools.org/ahs
Auburn High Twitter - https://twitter.com/AHSAuburnTigers
Auburn High Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/AHSAuburnTigers/
City of Auburn - https://www.auburnalabama.org/
Auburn High Schoology - https://acs.schoology.com/login/ldap?&school=297955122
Alabama Department of Public Health - http://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/
Auburn High School
Location: 1701 East Samford Avenue, Auburn, AL, USA
Phone: (334) 887-2120