Learning Gets Personal
February 12, 2016
14,949 devices deployed so far!
These schools put so much effort into planning for seamless device deployments - but even more than that, into planning for how technology will be used to transform learning and teaching. Now the real work begins! See photos below on a few of the recent roll outs.
Bear Creek MS
See more pictures in their device roll out video.
iKnights Help Desk. See the website they created.
Haynes Bridge MS
Device deployment pep rally!
Professional Learning Opportunities
- Blended Learning: Personalizing Education for Students - self-paced, access anytime in Edivate under Academics Support Catalog.
- Design for Learning: Planning for Personalized Learning for ALL - training 2/22. Register in Edivate under Academic Support Catalog.
- PBL Think Tank (Leaders) - training 2/22 and 3/7 (must attend both days). Register in Edivate under Academics Support Catalog.
- PBL 101 (Teachers) - training 3/2. Register in Edivate under Academics Support Catalog.
- Technology Tools for Student Voice & Choice - training 3/10 and 3/24. Register in Edivate under Instructional Technology Catalog.
School Spotlight: Dolvin ES
Featured Device FAQ
Yes, parents can choose to purchase insurance for the device. Many insurance companies ask families to mail devices directly to the company for repair/replacement. Parents MAY ONLY use insurance companies with repair centers authorized by the device manufacturer, to avoid voiding our warranties.
Fulton has looked into the popular insurance companies and confirmed that:
- Worth Ave Group does use authorized repair centers for ALL of our devices so this is an option for families.
- Safeware uses authorized repair centers ONLY for the iPad, Chromebook, and Dell Latitude. Parents should NOT use this company for the Surface.
As it states in the device permission form that parents sign, the district is not responsible for communicating with insurance providers. Parents/guardians remain solely responsible for paying fees to the district. Also note that insurance companies typically cover theft, but not loss of a device.
See all FAQs on the personalized learning section of the employee portal.