Digital Teaching and Learning
January 6, 2021
As a reminder to staff, Microsoft Teams has two distinct components:
- For staff: The full interface includes file sharing and channel spaces.
- For staff and students: A Teams meeting link for live video instruction or meetings.
HCPS does NOT endorse using the full interface of Teams with students.
Teachers who have created Teams for professional use should remember to set their Team to private, otherwise anyone in HCPS, including students can access and join the Team.
Six things to know about your web cam:
1. Web cams have arrived and are being distributed by school administration. Web cams are plug and play and require no additional software be installed on teacher devices.
2. Use your web cam instead of the laptop camera; be sure to change the device settings for Teams.
3. The web cam resolution is better than that of the laptop camera. This means that visuals such as anchor charts have improved image quality.
4. Web cams allow flexibility. This means that the camera can be moved around for varying perspectives of your instructional space.
5. Based on the resolution of the web cams, teachers can create higher quality asynchronous content, such as still images and demonstration videos.
6. Switch cameras quickly based on your purpose. Show the anchor chart, then switch back to yourself.
Student Chromebook Reminder
Students should have logged into the Office Extension in order to have improved access to Microsoft apps like Teams, PowerPoint, and more.