"Inspiring Greatness in Tomorrow's Leaders!" 1-22-16
Think Win Win, Synergize and Yee-Haws!
It was so gratifying to share the great teaching and learning occurring at Solana Ranch yesterday during our Learning Walk. I loved reading the positive comments sent by our visiting colleagues. I loved what Victoria Hall from SP said about our positive school environment: "We felt extremely welcome and there was a warm, friendly, positive culture that was apparent everywhere on campus. We really loved how the kids were so happy, engaged with their work, independent, and collaborative. They did a great job greeting us and answering our questions about the projects they were working on. Teachers were also so friendly, and were enthusiastic to share their projects, ideas, and practices with us!" I love that we exude positivity!
- Thank you Julie, Sabrina, Sal, Solana Pacific, Solana Highlands, and Carmel Creek for visiting us yesterday. We appreciate your time to collaborate and share best practices.
- Robyn and Dawn for joining us on our Learning Walk.
- Mary for meeting with our new Leadership Council
- Justin for helping Dawn get our HNN studio ready for next Friday and always being so responsive to our technology needs. This applies to the entire tech. department who is so incredibly supportive.
- Siri and our Food Services Department for working so hard to prepare and serve such delicious food.
- Kim Rowland who subbed for Kathy this week and did a great job; and Eva for helping to hold down the Ranch in Kathy's absence.
- Alice F. for subbing for Laurie. I love how everyone jumps in to help others at SR!
- Katie and Dawn for facilitating two great SSTs this week and Dawniel and Ellen for being so prepared with student work and data to share.
Elena for having a smooth first week of MAP testing.
- Troy for setting up our soccer fields for our 4-6th grade lunch soccer tournament.
- The entire staff for making Solana Ranch, in the words of Julie Norby, "A great place for kids to learn, grow and thrive!"
- GO HAWKS!!!!
Put First Things First and Begin with the End in Mind
- Siera's last day is this Friday, the 22nd. We will miss you and wish you well on your exciting new adventure.
- Canned Food Drive: Wed. Jan. 27- Thurs. Feb. 4. Thank you Brittany for leading this!
- Gratitude Board in the Lounge: If you have a yeehaw for a staff member, please write it on a hawk and put it up on the gratitude board in the staff lounge. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” -William Arthur Ward. Thank you Robyn for getting us started.
- HNN coming this Friday @ 8:45. This will be a great addition to our school that reinforces our school's mission and focus on leadership.
- Great Kindness Challenge and Ability Awareness next Week. Please promote and have students synergize for the door poster contest.
- All Staff (Certificated and Classified) Meeting on Wednesday @7:30. Robyn will be doing a refresher on Love and Logic!
- Happy Birthday to Regan on Sunday. We appreciate you!!
Tweets of the Week:
Who Am I?
Favorite Food: Fettucini Alfredo/ Pasta
Little Known-Talent: Piano
Favorite Activity to Sharpen the Saw: Crafting - crochet, scrapbooking, embroidery, sewing, etc.
Famous Person you Admire Most: Helen Keller
Favorite Quote: "You can't do everything for everyone everywhere, but you can do something for someone somewhere."
Mystery Person: Tianne Watson