From The Admin Team 1/26/2021
Bernice Kiker Elementary School
29 - AISD Asynchronous Learning Day (more information below)
5-19 PTA's Love Your School Fundraiser
9 - Benchmark: In-person Writing (4th grade) and Science (5th grade)
10 - Benchmark: Remote Writing (4th) and Science (5th)
15 - No School for Students, Staff Development Day
26 - AISD Asynchronous Learning Day
1-12 - Map Growth Window - Reading and Math for Grades 3 - 5
5 - AISD Asynchronous Learning Day
15-19 - Spring Break
22 - April 2 - Map Growth Reading and Math for Kindergarten Only
2 - Staff Development / Student Holiday
5 - 30 CLI (Creative Learning Initiative) Engage Pre-K4 Assessment Window
9 - AISD Asynchronous Learning Day
12 - 23 - Map Growth Fluency Window for Kindergarten
10 - 21 End of Year Map Growth Window for Reading Math Grades K - 2
31 - No School / Memorial Day
3 - Last Day for Students
4 - Staff Day
AISD's Asynchronous Days
This is a reminder that this Friday, Jan. 29 is our first asynchronous day. On this day all students will participate in online lessons off campus. To be prepared for this day, students are encouraged to take home their laptops and devices by Thursday. To further protect our community from the spread of COVID-19, Austin ISD will use this time to do additional deep cleanings of our campuses.
Please take a moment to mark your calendars for the following asynchronous days:
- Friday, Jan. 29
- Friday, Feb. 26
- Friday, March 5
- Friday, April 9
WiFi will be brought to local communities on our Austin ISD school buses.
Should you have any questions or need support with technology, please feel free to reach out to principal Cory Matheny. email@example.com
Buses will not run for pick up on asynchronous days.
The admin and/or counseling teams will be available to support students who need access to wifi on campus. Please reach out to Principal Cory Matheny if your child will be on campus on Friday.
Registration for 2021-2022 Has Begun
1) the information you enter drives our systems for data such as your email address, phone number, etc. Please double check that all items are up to date. Once you complete the registration process, it can'not be updated/corrected without sending an email or contacting the parent/family support hotline. This includes opting in or out of campus messages. We get many emails from families wondering why they are not receiving Kiker email blasts. This is based on preferences checked in the registration process.
2) Check the boxes carefully for permission to be in the yearbook or be photographed.
3) Registration in AISD is a multi-step process. AISD will conduct various phases including 'commitment cards,' online registration, and emails/surveys. All of these items affect our staffing allocations for next year. It is so important to our campus that we get everyone to complete online registration so we can keep and maintain our amazing staff!
4) Parents who are registering a new Pre-K or Kinder student will need to have the following documents on hand to upload.
- birth certificate
- immunization record
- current utility bill - electric, water, or gas
- lease or closing paperwork for your new home
- parent driver's license