WESTRIDGE LIBRARY NEWSLETTER
AUGUST 2017 EDITION
Library Policies & Procedures
Students will utilize the flexible schedule to check in and out books.
Preschool - 1st Grade = 1 Book Loan
2nd Grade - 3rd Grade = 2 Book Loan
4th Grade - 5th Grade = 3 Book Loan
Students are allowed to keep checked out items for two weeks. After two weeks, students must return checked out items or renew them for an additional two week limit. Students may not keep items for more than four weeks without special permission.
Notices will be sent out weekly to homeroom teachers. In addition, paper notices will go home with all midterms and report cards. Finally, email notices will be sent home each grading period to parents with an email address on file.
We do not charge late fees at Westridge Elementary. Fees are only charged in the case of lost or damaged items.
WESTRIDGE HELPS WONDER AUTHOR
READING INCENTIVE PROGRAMS
- Pizza Hut Book It! - Students Earn Free Personal Pan Pizzas By Meeting Their Monthly Reading Goals. (Fall Start Date)
- Lexington Legends Hit The Books - Students Earn Two Free Tickets To A Lexington Legends Game By Completing Four Teacher Approved Books. (Spring Start Date)
FRANKLIN COUNTY BATTLE OF THE BOOKS
AUGUST AUTHOR & ILLUSTRATOR BIRTHDAYS
- August 7th - Betsy Byars
- August 8th - Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings
- August 10th - Suzanne Collins
- August 12th - Ann M. Martin
- August 12th - Walter Dean Myers
- August 18th - Paula Danziger
- August 18th - Brian Pinkney
- August 21st - Arthur Yorinks
- August 25th - Charles Ghigna
- August 27th - Lisa Yee
- August 29th - Karen Hesse
Look What's New!
COMING NEXT MONTH...
- STLP ROSTER/PROGRAM ANNOUNCED
- LIBRARY HELPERS ANNOUNCED
- FALL READING EVENTS ANNOUNCED
- PICTURES OF WES READERS