Ludlow Independent Schools
Planning for the 2020-2021 School Year
What will school look like in the fall?
Some key differences:
- Social Distancing will be implemented. Classrooms will be arranged so that students can be seated 6 feet apart. Due to lowered numbers allowed in each room, adjusted schedules with staggered arrival/dismissal times will likely be needed.
- Masks will need to be worn by all staff and all students in Grades 1-12. Masks will need to stay on at times during the day when people are within 6 feet of each other (for example, when someone in the classroom is up and moving, or when students are transitioning to classrooms or restrooms). If students are all seated in the room, 6 feet apart, they may take masks off during instruction.
- Students will have his/her temperature taken as they arrive to school. If the student's temperature is higher than 100.4, he/she will be sent home.
- Activities that typically take place in larger groups, such as assemblies, will not take place.
- Proper handwashing will be promoted. Hand sanitizing stations will be located in every classroom and throughout the building. Extensive cleaning will take place each night and throughout the day.
- All students in Grades 1-12 will receive a chromebook to bring home with them for work completion and to stay connected with teachers.
Each Family: Please complete our survey!
School Supply Lists
Planning Ahead on Some Possible New Supplies: Since masks will be required at school, students can bring their own, or use the one provided by school. Also, we are adding more water fountains for students to fill a cup/bottle versus drinking directly from the fountain. Students will be encouraged to bring their own water bottle to use throughout the day.