Stay determined and finish strong!
Trouble Viewing your MMM?
PD End of the year
ESP staff is contractually to work June 11 & 12 (PD Days)
Licensed staff is contractually to work 11& 12 (PD Days) 13th is record keeping day.
There will be staff on ILT that will be trading the 11th for the 13th- They will be at a 2 day Beyond Diversity Training at WMEP- See Laura if you have not signed up yet.
Non-violent Crisis Intervention (NCI), CPR, and First Aid Training on June 11thESPs requiring NCI, CPR, and/or First Aid certification as a required component of their position of employment should attend this training on June 11th to meet the annual and bi-annual certification requirements. CPR and First Aid training will be limited to 260 participants. eCompass verification of attendance and training will be provided to school principals. Session overview and registration links available here.
- If you are an ESP staff planning on attending CPI, CPR or First Aid you need to commit to this by signing up on ecompass
- and then signing up in the office or letting Melissa know-- this is necessary so we can plan appropriately.
Training at TPlus
Monday June 11- All staff attending will report at 8 am-
- 8-11:30 -------- SEL Session
- 11:30-12:30--- Lunch will be on your own.
- 12:30 - 4 pm--- Licensed staff will meet in teams/work in rooms
- 12:30-2:30----- Non Licensed staff will attend a job coach training
Tuesday June 12 - All staff attending report at 8 am
- 8-11:30-------- Equity session
- 11:30-12:30--- Lunch will be on your own.
- 12:30 - 4 pm--- Licensed staff will meet in teams/work in rooms/ work on their racial autobiographies
- 12:30-2:30----- Non Licensed staff will work in rooms/ work on their racial autobiographies/ check out with Jason
Wednesday June 13 - Licensed staff grading day
- All graduation summaries/ ESY plans need to be completed if not already done
- Expect a check off list to be coming out soonGrades need to be entered
- ---Counselor will sign off- grades are completed
- Progress notes need to be completed for all students
- ---Social Workers will sign off -Due process is complete
- Rooms will be packed up- please get rid of things not going to use in preparation for fall move
- ---Daphne will sign off-rooms are packed accordingly
- All ESY equipment / work labeled and turned in
- If staff attended Visit Tplus night - may leave at 2:00
ESP End of the year.
Make sure you have completed your portion in ecompass.
We will review your goals and how the year was for you.
GRADUATION EXIT PROCEDURE---------- 5/3/18
Please read and be familiar with the “Exit, Graduation and Follow Up Procedures”, in the Due Process Manuel.
When a student will be graduating and exiting from Transition Plus, the following steps must be completed:
1. SUMMARY OF PERFORMANCE (formerly called Exit Summary): This is in Ed Plan under Documents on the left hand side. The first section addresses the progress the student has made on their goals, accommodations and assistive technology that helpful etc. The second section is a student advocacy statement with the intent of being completed with the student in the student’s voice. Community agencies the student is working with should also be included. All students need a summary of performance.
Note (taken from Due Process Manuel): Before a special education student graduates or ages out of special education, the school district is legally required to provide a summary of the student's academic achievement and functional performance, including recommendations on how to assist the student in meeting his/her future goals.
This document can be completed ahead of time (at an IEP meeting, when meeting with student)
2. NOTICE OF DISCONTINUATION OF ALL SPECIAL EDUCATION SERVICES- this is the Notice of Proposed Action or Denial on EdPlan with the third option checked. A copy is given to the student/guardian.
A PWN needs to be completed on every student who taking their diploma before May of the year that they age out of service.
3. DIPLOMA REQUEST FORM- complete all sections and turn in to the social worker for the student’s team. Please indicate which high school the diploma should be issued from. Diplomas can come from the student’s previous high school, home school, Transition Plus or a generic Minneapolis Public School.
See your social worker if you have any questions.
Course Registration Week Schedule
Course registration week for teams 2 and 3 is May 14-18. As a reminder, Britt will be supporting the course registration process during advisory on the assigned days/times. Britt will bring all materials needed to register students to case manager's rooms on the assigned days. Please do not print out the example sheets distributed during team meetings as they have been updated.
The schedule is attached below.
Please let Britt know asap if you need to change times. Thank you!
New Building Name Submissions
Only one name was submitted - please submit additional names by the end of the day-
Attention Transition Plus and Adult Education students and Staff:
Invitation To Suggest A Name For Our New Building
Administrative teams from both Transition plus and Community Education’s Adult Education program are inviting you to contribute your ideas as a first step in the process of naming our new building. We are looking to have a name that will represent the whole building with both programs in it. Each advisory class will have a chance to submit ONE name. If you are not in a classroom and want to provide a possible suggestion, connect with one of the advisory classes to put in your ideas. If a class provides more than one suggestion, only the first suggestion will be considered.
Suggested names will be brought forward to the joint administrative team who will review the ideas and identify the most frequently mentioned suggestions. These will then be shared with the original Community Advisory group for their input. After this, up to three names will be submitted to the Superintendent who will review and submit to the school board for their final approval. Only the school board can officially name any district owned building.
Shown below are some basic description of both programs that will located in the new building.
Minneapolis Adult Education offers English language classes for non-native speakers of English as well as reading, writing and math classes to prepare individuals for the GED exam (high school equivalency test for adults) and/or to successfully enter college or other post-secondary training programs.
Transition Plus is a program that supports students (generally between 18-21 years old) with disabilities and educational needs to promote a successful transition from high school to adulthood.
Thanks for sharing your ideas!
Summer Jobs for Students!
Teen Teamworks summer job applications are now available in C201. We will have 6 T+ students interview for 3 positions. Please bring in your completed applications by Thursday, May 16. Interviews will be later in May.
The positions start on June 18 and run through August 17. Students can work a Monday/ Wednesday schedule or a Tuesday/ Thursday schedule. The hours are 7:30 am - 3 pm.
Students must be Mpls residents and be able to work independently as part of a 8-10 person crew. Teen Teamworks workers will work outside at a Mpls park and may assist with planting, mulching, litter removal, sifting sand, etc. Students must have the ability to work well with all types of people and follow the instructions of an on-site supervisor. Students must demonstrate a courteous and friendly attitude when interacting with neighborhood park users and staff.
Please let Trish Praus know if you have any questions about Teen Teamworks.
Job Opening - Minneapolis Community Education - Access Program
Minneapolis Community Education is hiring a full time person to help run the Access program.
Your recommendations are welcome. If you know of anyone who might be interested, please pass on this information about the
Upcoming at T- Plus
Tuesday -------- Team 2 meeting
--------------------- Visit TPlus 4-6pm
Wednesday --- Team 3 Meeting
Thursday-------Team 1 Meeting
-------------------- Site Council
Friday ----------- Final PSWE Meeting
--------------------- CBI Friday
June 6------------ Project Search Graduation
June 7 ----------- Graduation with reception at T Plus following
--------------------- Convention Center 11am
June 8 ----------- Barbecue/ Field Day
June 11& 12--- PD days
June 13 --------- Record Keeping Day