Friday, May 25th, 2018
- There will be no PAWS next week. The final assignment for the year will be given on Monday, June 4th.
- No spelling next week. It's too short of a week with the holiday on Monday and our all day field trip on Friday.
- Instruments will be needed on Tuesday for lessons and Thursday for ensembles.
The Erie Canal Trip
The buses will arrive at Aqueduct Park (555 West Main St., Palmyra) around 9:30. We'll unload the buses and watch how the lock works. The guide will then lead us through a path. It's about a 2 mile walk, so kids should be prepared with sneakers. The path will take us all the way to Market Street. At that point, one of two things will happen.
*both classes could split up and visit the museums and then have lunch together around 12:45
*the other scenario is that they'll alternate groups between lunch at the pavilion and the museums
We are going to be flexible and prepared for either situation.
We'll load buses between 1:15 and 1:30 to head back to school. This is where things get a little tricky for our parent chaperones. They have three options.....they can walk back to their vehicles at Aqueduct Park, communicate with another parent who is going and drop one vehicle off at Market Street before beginning the trip at Aqueduct Park, or Bonnie Hayes, the director of the museums, will give rides back to the park.
Here are some expectations that I have already reviewed with the kids and plan to review again before Friday. It would be great if you could also give reminders at home.
- We always stay behind the guides on the trail. We need to be prepared to listen along the way too.
- Always stay on the trail. There is poison ivy off the trail.
- There won't be an opportunity to run during this trip.
- Please don't ask the museum docents for a drink.
- Be prepared to be a little thirsty and hungry. We won't have our usual resources at hand and our schedule will be a bit different than what we're used to.