Lenape Smoke Signals
Week of November 16 - 20
- November 16 & 19 - Lenape/West Food Drive
- November 16, 17, & 18, 3:00-4:30 - Girls Basketball tryouts in Lenape gym
- November 18, 3:00 - Career and Community Spotlight (information below)
- November 19, 9:00 AM - Parent Council Meeting
- November 19, 6:00 PM - MBIT Virtual Open House (information below)
- November 25-27 - No School for Students
Lenape/West Food Drive
Career and Community Spotlight Series
Our first Career and Community Spotlight will be a live Teams event on November 18 at 3:00. The featured speaker will represent the Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics Career Cluster. More information on PA Career Clusters can be found here.
Mr. Det Ansinn, founder/owner of BrickSimple and a CB graduate, will kick-off our series with a 30-minute overview followed by questions and answers. Mr. Ansinn owns a successful software development company right here in Doylestown.
The link to join will be available just prior to the event. No sign-up is necessary. Lenape students are welcome to join. Family members may sit with students to view the event as well. Students who participate will earn a chance for each event they join. At the end of year a drawing will be held - 3 winners will receive a Lenape Gear Prize basket!
Guidance Discussion Groups
Guidance discussion group interest is being reviewed and considered based on student survey results. The discussion groups we plan to hold this year are:
- STRESS/ANXIETY (causes, coping strategies, knowing you're not alone, self-care, etc.)
- FAMILY CHANGES (divorce, separation, new relationships, siblings leaving home etc.)
- CONCERNED ABOUT SOMEONE close to me (family member or friend makes unhealthy decisions)
Permission to participate in most groups is assumed as part of guidance services. If you do not want your child to participate regardless, please inform your student’s counselor. If you would like your student to be involved in a group and you are not certain if your student expressed interest, please reach out to their counselor.
Lenape Valley Foundation Workshops
Lenape Valley Foundation is offering two free virtual workshops for caregivers of children and teens. The workshops will be led by Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists. Each session will also include a presentation from a Board Certified Child Psychiatrist and Q&A for attendees. Participants must register in advance to receive the Zoom meeting link & information. Parents, grandparents, caregivers, loved ones, professionals and more are invited to attend.
Click here for the dates and topics.
Congratulations to Ms. Scicluna!
Central Bucks School District Veterans Recognition Project
If you or someone you know graduated or worked for the Central Bucks School District and served in the United States Armed Forces, consider registering for this very special program today. The mission of the Central Bucks School District Veterans Recognition Project is to honor the military service of all CBSD alumni and employees. The project committee is made up of Central Bucks students, veteran alumni, teachers, and administrators.
Thank you for joining us in our campaign to bring history to life for our students, and to honor all those who served in our CB community. Please visit the program website at https://www.cbsd.org/veterans.
News From the Nurse - Physical & Dental Exams
All new students to Central Bucks School District must have a physical and dental exam on file with the Nurse's office. 7th grade students are also required to have a dental exam on file. Any physical or dental exam dated September 2019 and after is accepted. Please contact the nurse's office if you need assistance getting these examinations completed. You can find a link to the required forms here.
November Boomerang Award Nominations
Sports & Extracurricular Information
Lenape Sports This Week
· The 8th grade football championship game at CB South has been postponed until Monday, November 16th. Football players and Cheerleaders were given 2 passes each at the start of the season for spectators. Please have those available to show when you enter the stadium. Only Cheer and Football passes will be accepted.
Lenape Winter Sports - Reminder
7th & 8th grade Winter sports at Lenape are Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, and Wrestling.
Family ID will be open on October 25th to register your student. Girls Basketball Tryouts will be on November 16th, 17th & 18th from 3:00 - 4:30PM in the Lenape Gym. Girls basketball games start on December 1st.
Boys Basketball Tryouts will start in January and more information will be coming out later.
Wrestling information will be coming out in the near future.
Please go to https://lenapeathletics.com to register on Family ID. If your student played a fall sport, you will have to complete Section 7 of the PIAA form. If this is the first time your student is playing a sport, your student will need a physical and the PIAA form completed and signed by the doctor and uploaded into Family ID. All of these forms are available on Lenape's Athletics web page (in the black ribbon click on more) at https://lenapeathletics.com.
Lenape Extracurricular Activities
Free Breakfast & Lunch Each Day - Reminder
Please remind your child(ren) that all students are entitled to a free breakfast and lunch each day. Breakfast is available each morning until 7:30 in the cafeteria and outside of the auditorium. Grab and go lunches are available every day in the cafeteria during dismissal. It is our hope that all students take advantage of these nutritious (and free!) meals!
MBIT Open House - Reminder
Attention 9th graders who are interested or want to explore more about Middle Bucks Institute of Technology (MBIT): They will be holding a virtual OPEN HOUSE on November 19th at 6pm with a follow up Q&A from 6:30-7:30 pm. If you are interested in learning more about MBIT’s programs and the application process, please contact: Courtney Nolan at 267-893-2811 or firstname.lastname@example.org. See the flier below for more information.
There will also be an MBIT group held this year to assist our freshman class in the tour and application process which begins January 2021!
Attendance - Reminder
- Hybrid Students - In Person Days: If a student should be physically present in the building and staying home, we do need this communication to come from the parents or guardians. Please email our attendance office at email@example.com. It is important for us to be able to account for all students for safety reasons. If a student is not in school (but even attending online) the initial absence code will be “absent” until we have a communication from parents. The attendance code will be changed to VP (Virtual Present) once we have the communication from the parent/guardian. We do ask for the communication in advance of the absence so teachers are aware. It also ensures that parents and guardians are aware that the student is at home and has permission.
- Online Students - Students all Virtual or Hybrid Students on Virtual Days: If a student does not attend class, the student will be marked absent unexcused until we receive communication from parents. If a student logs on but stops engaging in the class, their attendance code will be changed to VC (Virtual Cut).
For Your Information
“The greatest gift parents can give their children is to help them discover their purpose and passion”, states Peter Benson a leading authority on childhood and adolescence and the author of Sparks. This can be an overwhelming challenge in today’s difficult world. Over the past 2 years, school counselors from all building levels in CBSD have developed a K-12 Guidance Plan. Brainstorming, stake-holder involvement, creative planning, goal setting and implementation continue to be part of this. The Plan includes what is currently part of our academic, social/emotional guidance curriculum and in this evolving process we will try to meet the variety of needs of our students and school community. We invite you to share in our continued learning on how to inspire passion and purpose. Articles, videos, and documents will be shared in your school newsletter on a regular basis. Look for the SPARKS picture like the one above. We hope you find this information beneficial to you and your family. We appreciate your time and involvement in the education of all our students.
For comments or questions, please contact Ginny Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology Information and Resources
Health and Safety Resources
A friendly reminder: If your child is sick and is exhibiting any Covid-like symptoms, please reference the chart below to determine if it is safe for them to come to school. If you need guidance, please do not hesitate to contact the nurse's office for assistance.