Grapevine Mustang Band
Notes from the Directors:
- We all wish Mr. Bowman the very best moving forward into his new job. He has been a great teammate and has had a tremendous impact on our band program. We are thankful for the long hours and hard work he has poured into the Mustang Band and we will miss him. I encourage everyone to reach out to him and let him know how much he has impacted your lives. Thank you, Mr. Bowman! (see letter from Mr. Bowman below.
- The second installment of band fees were due June 5th. Please visit our website for information on paying your band fees.
- Band Banquet is June 19th in the band lot at GHS! We hope to see everyone there! Banquet information can be found HERE. RSVP HERE.
- The GHS Band Calendar has been updated and can be found HERE.
- We have also compiled another version of the calendar that can be found HERE.
- INCOMING FRESHMEN: Members of our Band Leadership Team will be reaching out to their sections at various points over the summer. If you have any questions please reach out to Mr. Rees via email. (if you are not on the google classroom, join! (code:aan7mel)
- Pay your delinquent band fees
- You need to clean and disinfect your instruments! (videos below)
- Establish a routine for yourself to keep your life as normal as possible. Dedicate time to growing as a musician every day. Our suggestion is below.
Letter from Mr. Bowman
Mustang Band Family,
I would like to let you know that I will be leaving GHS to seek another opportunity. This was one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever had to make as Grapevine has truly become a second home to me. In the two years that I have spent as a band director at Grapevine, I have learned so much from my colleagues, peers, and students and have been molded by my experiences into a much better and wiser teacher.
I am extremely grateful for the support I have had while at Grapevine. The parent support, and especially the support of the band booster organization has been phenomenal and I owe much to those who helped me, especially from the booster Vice Presidents and the Percussion Liaisons. I appreciate all the hard work and countless hours of volunteerism from an endless stream of parent volunteers. The support for the students and the band program has always been outstanding in this community. Thank you parents for everything you have done for me and for the Grapevine band program.
I have had the privilege and honor to work with our wonderful students and watch them grow and I will cherish every memory that I have made. The relationships I built with the students carried me through and I always went home secured in the fact that I would come to school the next day and work with some of the brightest, most talented, and exceptional young men and women around. I look forward to watching from a distance as you grow up to be successful in whatever you choose to pursue after high school, and I hope that I was able to influence you in a way that helped you achieve your goals, and made you a better person.
I will miss everyone very much. I look forward to the future and can rest easy knowing the band program that I love is left in excellent hands, and I wish everyone involved absolute success and happiness. I hope, beyond anything else, that I was able to positively influence the lives of my students and to help them develop a love of music that will endure for the rest of their lives. Thank you Grapevine High School. I will never forget you.
Start Raising Money NOW!
Scrip Gift Card Fundraiser (always ongoing)
○ Start now: go to https://shopwithscrip.com
○ Enter our school enrollment code:72226A747L87
Hello Band Families,
The Show must go on!! Your Band Directors and Booster Club are working hard on planning for next year’s marching and concert season. As most of you heard on the virtual parent meeting, 2020-21 band fee payments begin May 15.
Scrip Gift Card Fundraising is a great way to raise some (or all) of that money simply by paying with gift cards for purchases you normally make!
In a nutshell, the scrip website has hundreds of gift cards to choose from. You buy the ones you like and pay full price for them. You then receive the rebate (percentage varies by retailer and is listed). Back to your student’s charms account. When it’s time tomake a fee payment, simply let our treasurer, Andrea Galante, know via email. Treasurer@grapevinehsband.com and tell her you would like to apply your credits toward the fee.
For parents of incoming freshmen, you may start with Scrip now and we will track your credits and apply them in charms once your student is promoted to GHS Band.
1). To get started, go to www.shopwithscrip.com, create an account and use our school enrollment code: 172226A747L87.
2). In light of current circumstances, please choose electronic gift cards and pay via credit card or by linking your bank account. Once we are able to receive UPS packages at school, we will do an order that includes physical (plastic) gift cards too. Electronic gift cards can be sent as gifts and will go out in an attractive format to the recipient’s email address.
3). Pay attention to rebate percentages to maximize yours earnings. Often retailers have bonus rebates and your earn a higher percentage. Mark your calendar for May 7th.... it’s Thanks-scripping Day. Many retailers will have bonus rebates that will not be advertised in advance!