Best Apps, Digital Tools,& Websites
log onto this online resource:
Today we will explore the best apps, digital tools, and web resources available for increasing student learning. We will understand and be able to use tablet technology to plan, instruct, and provide practice in order for students to master the state standards.
- Identify key strategies and activities for implementing mobile devices in our classroom
- Identify digital sources, apps, and activities to increase achievement in reading, writing, math and other content areas
- Analyze digital activities to determine if they are authentic and rigorous and engaging.
- Create examples of digital products matched to student outcomes using apps and other digital resources
- Develop and refine our professional expertise in using digital technology.
Key Strategy: Use technology to sync up with your students
Using Tweet Speak
- In 140 characters or less, summarize what you have learned so far.
- Add a hashtag.
Connecting to the Projector
Connecting a Tablet to the Projector
Want to project your iPad wirelessly?
Download the app Reflector.
Reflector is downloaded to your computer. Use this app to mirror your iPad to your computer that is connected to your projector.
Simply open Reflector on your computer.
Make sure your iPad and computer are using the same wifi network.
On your iPad, swipe from the bottom to open the iPad controls. You should see air mirror. Select your computer name.
2 Port VGA Switchbox
Key Strategy: Use Technology to Teach
Key Strategy: Use Tech Tools for Assessment
Key Strategy: Use tech tools for processing and practicing
Key Strategy: Use tech tools for authentically rigorous presentations
Kelly Harmon is an international educational consultant with more than 25 years of experience working with at-risk students. She presents on a wide range of educational topics including technology integration, developing literacy skills, and instructional strategies for highly effective teachers. Most recently, she published her first book with Dr. Robert Marzano titled Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes.
She is a mother of 3, stepmother of 3, grandmother of 3, with one more coming in the next month. Kelly is married to Jack and together, they have 3 poodles. She loves food, travel, learning, and spending time with her family and friends in the great outdoors.