NPHS Class of 2023 Senior Source!
#5: May 14, 2023
Para español: Hace click en el enlace a la derecha que dice “Translate Newsletter”
23 Days Until Graduation!!!
Class of 2023,
Beginning Tomorrow, Monday, May 15th, the Senior Board will honor and celebrate the NPHS Class of 2023 with something SPECIAL for the last 23 Days of School before Graduation on June 16th. We will send weekly reminders of what is happening, but here's what's in store for this week:
Monday 5/15: Memories Monday-post your kindergarten photo & your sour senior class photo side by side & tag @nphs.23
Tuesday 5/16: Senior Snack Day-stop by the stage during nutrition to "Reach for the Stars(burts)".
Wednesday 5/17: Prom Pic Post-lets see your favorite prom photos & tag @nphs.23
Thursday 5/18: Ice Cream! You Scream! We all scream for Coaches Ice Cream!-show your current school ID and get a free A Ball (single scoop).
Friday 5/19: Show your SENIOR NP Pride and wear your senior shirt/sweatshirt. If you don't have one yet, there are still shirts available at the Student Store.
Here a couple things to pay attention to for this week:
- Graduation Tickets are on sale & Rules
- Senior Elementary School Walks
- Technology Reminder
- Save the Date for Senior Sunset
- Donation Requests
- Get your photos in for your Senior Slideshow!
Remember to make sure to review all the information below to avoid missing out on anything. Also, follow the Class of 2023 on Instagram @nphs.23 and bookmark Senior Information on the NPHS website. Please continue to work hard and make good choices so that you can cross that finish line with pride.
As always, we are here to answer any questions you might have. Do not hesitate to reach out to me or our AP of Activities, Carly Adams.
We Are Better Together!
Class of 2023 Upcoming Events
SENIOR EVENTS PERMISSION SLIPS
ALL SENIORS should come by the Activities Office if they have not picked up a FREE lawn sign or their Jostens Cap & Gown Orders if they ordered by Feb. 1.
If you have not purchased or rented a cap and gown unit please contact jostens.com ASAP or come to the Activities Office for assistance.
Senior Walks at Your Former Elementary School
Your elementary schools are hosting Senior Walks which is an opportunity for Seniors to return to their elementary school in their caps and gown and walk around the campus, showing the elementary school students what they are all working toward. It is also an opportunity to go back to where you started your educational career, see and thank your old teachers and staff, and showcase how much you have grown. Please be sure to RSVP or contact your school.
Banyan Elementary:Wednesday, June 14th at 1pm-contact Ms. Kennedy to RSVP
Wednesday, June 14th at 1:20pm-Link to RSVP
Earths Magnet School:
Wednesday, June 14th from 1-2:45pm-contact Mr. Rickert if you have not already received an email
Wednesday, June 14th at 1:30pm-contact Ms. Lewis to RSVP
Sycamore Canyon School:
Wednesday, June 14th at 12:30pm-Link to RSVP
Wednesday, June 14th 1pm-call the office (805)498-3608 or RSVP HERE
The Class of 2023 Officers would like to make this night a little more fun with raffles/giveaways! They want to be able to have some cool items to encourage students to come to the event and participate. They are looking for the following:
- Gift Cards for $5, $10, $15, $25 or more to Amazon, Target, Starbucks, Local Restaurants, or any other places that Seniors would like.
- Swag Bags/Gift Baskets filled with a variety of themed items (ie: College Care Package, Movie Night, Sports, etc.).
- Big Ticket Items (Amusement Park Tickets, Sporting Event Tickets, a Car, who knows ?!? We are open to anything).
We are also in need of a few cases of water for Senior Sunset and Graduation.
Donations can be dropped off in the office. Please put the following on your donation:
Attn: Carly Adams for Senior Sunset.
Donator: Your Name
Name of Item/Amount
Class of 2023 Slideshow
Pictures must be school appropriate! You can submit up to 3 photos, and include the names of students in each photo so that we can make sure everyone is included.
Please remember that Learn Accounts will be disabled right after graduation. Please transfer anything you would like to keep to your personal accounts before then.
Graduation Attire & Regalia
At NPHS each graduate is to wear a black graduation gown, cap, a 2023 tassel, and a 2023 NPHS Class Stole to the graduation ceremony. Individual students may receive specific academic recognition stoles/cords/pins for accomplishments they have made at NPHS. Those students will be recognized at the Senior Recognition Night on June 6th, and they will receive their regalia there.
Our CVUSD Board Policy states that any graduating student who has completed basic training and is an active member of any branch of the United States Armed Forces may, at the student's option, wear a military dress uniform at the ceremony (Education Code 35183.3). Any student who has officially enlisted shall be permitted to wear a recognized object provided by any branch of the United States Armed Forces.
Students shall be permitted to wear tribal regalia or recognized objects of religious or cultural significance as an adornment to the customary ceremonial attire, as long as the adornment does not cause a substantial disruption of, or material interference with, the graduation ceremony (Education Code 35183.1). “Adornment” means something attached to, or worn with, but not replacing, the cap and gown customarily worn at school graduation ceremonies. “Cultural” means recognized practices and traditions of a certain group of people.
Students are not permitted to decorate their caps, or have any other adornments without prior administrative approval. Students who desire to wear military dress or any cultural/religious adornments shall notify the school principal at least 14 days before the graduation (May 30) for approval.
The ceremony will be live streamed, and a link will be provided closer to the event.
Tickets: All graduates will receive 2 free tickets for the ceremony, and have the option to purchase up to 8 more tickets for $10 a piece, allowing up to 10 total guests per graduate. Tickets will be available to purchase online only beginning Monday, May 1st from the NPHS Student Store, and ticket sales will end on Friday, June 2nd. No tickets will be sold after that date, so be sure to get your tickets on time.
Tickets will be distributed after Grad Practice on June 8th.
If you are interested in purchasing additional tickets besides the 8 available above, please complete this additional ticket request form, using your learn email account. Your name will be placed on a waiting list. When waitlist tickets become available, you will be notified (no later than June 13th). These tickets must be purchased with CASH ONLY and picked up from the Student Store on June 14th after graduation practice.
Handicapped Seating: Seniors, if anyone in your family attending the graduation ceremony will require handicapped seating, please click HERE to submit request form. A confirmation message will be sent to the preferred email address given, and further instructions will be provided as the event draws near. If you have any questions regarding handicapped seating please contact Michael Godfrey.
In order to make our Graduation Ceremony dignified and enjoyable for everyone, please be aware of the following rules:
- Individuals who are sick or in isolation or quarantine must remain at home.
- All guests will undergo a security check before entering the stadium. To make everything move faster and smoother, we recommend not bringing any bags, purses, etc. into the stadium. Tickets and phone/camera are all that is needed. If you need to bring in a bag, clear ones are recommended.
- Only sealed water bottles may be brought into the stadium. No other food or drink is permitted during the ceremony.
- Flowers and leis for graduates must be given after the ceremony concludes.
- All objects that can impede anyone’s view like signs and/or balloons must be kept outside the stadium. Umbrellas may be used for shade, but will need to be collapsed when the ceremony begins.
- Air horns, cow bells and other noise makers are not permitted and will be confiscated by security at the gate.
- This is on our school campus, so no drugs, alcohol or tobacco are allowed on the premises. This includes, but is not limited to vape devices.
- No refunds on graduation tickets.
- No charge for children 2 and under, who can sit on a regular ticket holder’s lap.
- Attendees are asked to allow all graduates to exit the stadium first. Guests can meet graduates in Quad for photos.