Creek Band - 10/26/20 to 11/1/20
Weekly Newsletter of the Clear Creek High School Band
Congrats to all students on a great Homecoming performance!
Weekly Marching Band Rehearsal Schedule
- Monday, October 26th - 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Tuesday, October 27th - 3:45pm to 6:15pm
- Friday, October 30th - 3:45pm to 6:15pm
As a reminder, all students are expected to attend all rehearsals. You must communicate about any absences, planned or unplanned, by emailing Mr. Fincher at email@example.com.
Announcements, Events, and Information
We need help fitting formal marching uniforms!
Our goal is to get all students fitted for the formal marching uniforms in time for the Thursday football game this week.
We need as many parent volunteers as possible to help us with this during rehearsals on Monday and Tuesday. If we have enough volunteers...we can absolutely get this done!
- Monday's fittings will be from 5:00pm to 9:00pm.
- Tuesday's fittings will be from 3:00pm to 6:00pm.
- All volunteers must have already been cleared as an approved CCISD volunteer (meaning you have successfully completed the district volunteer application.)
- We will provide gloves and sanitizer. Please bring your own mask that must be worn at all times during the fitting.
- Will will have distanced fitting stations setup for everyone to ensure student and volunteer safety.
Hour-A-Thon Fundraiser is This Saturday
Don't forget about our important fundraising event on Saturday, October 31st from 2pm to 3pm in Carlisle Gym at CCHS!
We need every student's participate in this event in order to be successful. This event helps keep band fees low for all students. More information is below...but here is the letter that was sent home with all students.
All students must complete the phone list on this letter and turn it in to a director on Wednesday, October 28th!
All-Region/All-State Band Entries
The registration fee is $20 and due immediately. Please deposit cash, check, or money order payable to CCISD in the band safe. Make sure that the student's name and "Audition Fee" is written on the envelope. All students who are interested in being a part of Wind Symphony in the spring must audition. Auditioning for All-State/All-Region does not guarantee a seat in Wind Symphony.
Football vs. Clear Springs
Thursday, Oct. 29th, 3-11:30pm
1955 West Nasa Boulevard
All students/parents must complete this form prior to Wednesday, 10/28 at 2:40pm to indicate the method of transportation to and from the game. Students who do not complete this form prior to 2:40pm on Wednesday, 10/28 will not be permitted to attend the game. There will be no exceptions to this deadline.
IF we are able to get all uniforms fitted Monday and Tuesday, we will wear formal uniforms for the game. If it is not physically possible to fit all students, we will stick with the "casual" uniform for one more game.
Purchasing Tickets for Football Games - Purchase Visitor Side This Week!
All band parents/families are included in the first group of spectators that can purchase tickets to each game.
You must pre-purchase tickets. No tickets will be available on site. All band volunteers must purchase a ticket this year.
On each Monday before a game, the link for tickets will be activated at 9:00am.
- Go to www.gofan.co and search for Clear Creek HS (make sure you select the one with the Wildcat mascot.)
- Select up to 4 tickets.
- Use your student's Student ID number in the promo code box (you will not be able to purchase tickets without this.)
Creek Band Hour-A-Thon
Saturday, Oct. 31st, 2-3pm
2305 East Main Street
League City, TX
Join us for our first Hour-A-Thon Fundraising Event!
The event will take place in Carlisle Gym at Clear Creek HS.
Bring your phone and wear a fun costume! It is, after all, on Halloween! While we are making our fundraising calls, we will judge costumes and have some fun!
Gulf Coast Classic Marching Festival
Saturday, Nov. 7th, 12-11pm
1955 West Nasa Boulevard
Parents, families, friends, and supporters - Please purchase a ticket before 10/30 to come and support the students of the Creek Band! The students always perform better for an enthusiastic audience! Note: Tickets will NOT be available on site the day of the contest.
Students will be fed throughout the day with individually packaged meals. We are working on vendors and the required price for those meals. We will provide a lunch, healthy snack, and dinner for a low price in order to ensure that all students eat correctly throughout the day.
Do you have a business that wants to sponsor the hard working students of the Creek Band program?
Please consider being a sponsor of the Clear Creek Band!
Do you frequent a business that would be a great sponsor?
Sponsors will be recognized on the Creek Band trailers as well as at all marching band performances, concert programs, weekly newsletters, and social media releases.
Homecoming Pep Rally
Football vs. Clear Brook
- Thursday, October 29th - Football vs. Clear Springs - Challenger Columbia - 6:00pm
- Saturday, October 31st - Creek Band Hour-a-Thon - Clear Creek HS - 2:00pm to 3:00pm
- Tuesday, November 3rd - Student Holiday - No Rehearsal
- Friday, November 6th - Football vs. Clear Lake - Challenger Columbia - 7:00pm
- Saturday, November 7th - Gulf Coast Classic Marching Festival - Challenger Columbia - All Day
- Thursday, November 12th - Football vs. Clear Falls - Challenger Columbia - 6:00pm
- Tuesday, November 17th - UIL Marching Contest - Challenger Columbia - All Day
- Saturday, December 5th - Area Marching Contest - Challenger Columbia - All Day
- Tuesday, December 8th - Holiday Concert - Clear Creek HS - 7:00pm