Just the Facts...May 12, 2021
What Starts Here Changes The World...
News you can use...
Our yearbooks have arrived and we will start to distribute them to our learners this week. I want to give a huge shoutout to our PTO for the outstanding publication that was filled with happy pictures of our kids and documents a year that was anything but typical.
Here is how we will distribute our books:
- VIRTUAL 3rd and 4th graders that ordered a book and that are here for testing took their books home TODAY (5.12)
- VIRTUAL 5th graders that ordered a book and that are here for testing will take their books home TOMORROW (5.13)
- Face-to-Face learners in grades E-5 that ordered a book will take their books home on FRIDAY
- VIRTUAL learners in E-2 that ordered a book will be able to pickup the books in our CAFE loop on Monday (5.17) from 9am to 10am and again on Tuesday (5.18) from 11-12:30pm.
I'm sure you will enjoy the yearbook as much as I did.
Shops of BHall
If your child is a K-2 learner, be on the lookout for your weekly newsletter regarding Second Grade’s Shops of B Hall for your chance to purchase handmade products made by our second graders. The proceeds from all sales will be donated to a charity of choice, chosen by Lakeside’s second graders.
Lakeside's field day is coming in May.
- If you plan to volunteer, please take a minute to complete a background check.
- Here is the link for the sign up genius for Field Day 2021.
- Field Day will take place the morning of Friday, May 21st.
Here are some details to get you ready for our fun-filled day
Field Day Information:
All K- 5th grade learners will be doing 11 different activities outside. K-2nd grades from 8:30-11:15, and 3rd-5th grades from 8:45-11:30. Pre-K will be outside for just a short period, 30-45 minutes. They will be mainly completing activities in the gym. Please apply sunscreen at home.
During field day, learners will be on different surfaces (grass and cement), so sneakers are a must.
During the fun flusher your child will become VERY wet if they choose to sit under the flusher, so please have them bring a complete change of clothing. Pre-K will not be participating in any water activities.
During field day, all learners must wear shorts, and a “top.” “Tops” can be a tank top, swim shirt, and/or t-shirt. (No bikini tops)
There will be a school wide snack break during the morning provided by PTO.
After morning drop off, both loops will be closed.
Since we have several fun stations located in the Cafe Parking Lot. This area will not be accessible for parking on May 21st until after 12:00. So, please plan to walk or bike to school that morning.
Upcoming Dates - Year at a Glance:
ALL dates are subject to change
17) Fourth grade nature trip
19) Seniors (Class of 2021) Reunion at Lakeside 3:30-4:30
21) Field Day (Virtual field day will be shared with our virtual families) & Talent Show (virtual)
25) 5th grade Graduation and Celebration - please see 5th grade newsletter for details
26) Spirit Rally (Virtual), Early Release Day at 12:30pm, Last day and 5th grade walk
- 5th grade walk starts inside at 12:00
- 5th grade walk outside at about 12:15 - on the filed from playground to playground - then dismissed to their families or to go home
- E-4 dismissal will be at 12:30pm
10) Office closes for the summer
26) Office reopens
12) Meet the Teacher 5:30-6:30pm
17) First day of school