Central Bucks High School South Newsletter
December 3-7: Literature Keystone Exams (in Grade 10/11 English Classes)
December 6: Winter Band Concert, 7:30pm
December 13: Winter Choir Concert , 7:30pm
December 15: First Link Leadership Training, 9:00am
December 17: Sheppard Project Gift and Holiday Cheer Delivery
December 24-January 1: Winter Recess/School Holiday
January 2: School Resumes
January 9: 9th Grade Curriculum Fair, 6:30pm
January 7-16: Algebra/Biology Keystone Exams (in 10/11 Grade Math/Science classes)
January 21: Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
January 23: Parent Advisory Council, 9:00am
January 26: SAT Reasoning & Subject Tests, 8:00am
February 1: Early Dismissal/End Second Marking Period
February 8: Report Cards Distributed
February 18: President’s Day Holiday
December News & Notes
Don't miss out on up-to-the-minute CB South news: follow us on Twitter @CBSouthHS to get important school information, news and activity updates, and more. #Go Titans!
Kudos to all of the CB South sophomores and juniors who are taking the Literature Keystone Exams December 3-7. Your hard work on this state-mandated assessment is obvious and we are confident that your efforts will lead to success! More information about Algebra and Biology Keystone Exams scheduled for January 7-16 published soon.
Titan Thespians Take the Stage
Congratulations to the Titan Thespians on the successful fall play, The Giver, which involved over 60 students in its cast and on its crews. In addition to public performances, The Giver was performed special matinees for local seniors and for 7th graders from Tamanend and Unami, who studied the novel in their language arts classes. Now that the fall play production has concluded, the Titan Thespians are preparing for a spring production of The Phantom of the Opera. Auditions will be held on January 8 and 9. Tickets for Phantom will go on sale to the general public on January 15.
Titan Music Programs Shine
Music is in the air at CB South, thanks to the efforts of our music staff and their talented students:
· Congratulations to the Marching Titans, who were named state champions, then earned a silver medal at U. S. Bands National Competition a week later, with an impressive score of 95.475.
· Our Jazz Band was featured at the ribbon-cutting ceremony of the new 202 Parkway, bringing an accomplished performance out into our local community. The Jazz, Symphonic, and Concert Bands will perform at their Winter Concert on December 6 at 7:30pm.
· Members of the CBS Orchestra showed off extraordinary talent at their Fall Concert on November 28. Listen to an audio file of one of their impressive selections.
· On Dec. 2, a group of carolers form the CB South Titan Choir provided the evening's entertainment for Heriage Conservancy's annual fundraising dinner at Aldie Mansion in Doylestown. All of our talented choral ensembles will perform in their Winter Concert on December 13 at 7:30pm.
CB South Honors Veterans and Active Duty Military Personnel
Sheppard Project 2012
CBS is in the midst of our annual holiday gift donation and fundraiser to share some holiday cheer with the students at Isaac A. Sheppard Elementary School in Philadelphia. Please help us to make this year’s festivities sparkle by donating a new, unwrapped toy or funds toward our holiday celebration with the special kids at Sheppard!
Points of Pride
CBS Scholars Recognized
Our students achieve at high levels and put forth effort every day, but we are particularly pleased to congratulate students who have been recognized recently for academic excellence:
· The CB South chapter of the National Honor Society was proud to induct 121 juniors and 25 seniors as new members in October. Students selected for membership reflect NHS's core values of service, leadership, scholarship, and character.
· South is also proud to have 9 students from the Class of 2012 who have been awarded Commended status by the National Merit Scholarship program.
Fall of Champions
CB South is proud of our fall athletes and coaches, who achieved at record high levels, and set the bar high for the performance of future Titan sports teams:
· Boys Cross Country—two runners qualified for districts.
· Girls Cross Country—one runner set a new school record and qualified for districts.
· Field Hockey—finished with a 17-1 record as SOL Continental and District 1 Champions.
· Football—made it to the second round of playoffs, finishing with a 10-2 record.
· Golf—finished with a 9-5 record.
· Boys Soccer—made it to districts with a 14-2-1 record, finishing as SOL Continental Champions.
· Girls Soccer—made it to district playoffs, finishing the season with a record of 8-6-3.
· Girls Tennis—finished the season as SOL Continental Champions with a record of 13-0.
· Girls’ Volleyball—made it to district tournament, finishing with a record of 11-5.