J-Lo rocks the world
By Caitlin Weber
An Entertainment Great
"I only do what my gut tells me to. I think it's smart to listen to other people's advice, but at the end of the day, you're the only one who can tell you what's right for you."
Jennifer Lynn Lopez was born on July 24, 1969, in the Bronx, New York. Jennifer's passion for performing started early in her lifetime. She and her two sisters, Leslie and Lynda, loved to put on skits, dance and sing for her parents, David and Guadalupe. She was later enrolled in Baruch College to become a lawyer, but she dropped out after one semester. She had her heart set on an entertainment career. But, Her parents did not approve and thought that it was a stupid career for a Latina woman.
J-Lo Poses at her Hollywood Walk of Fame star in 2013.
- Jennifer danced for Janet Jackson both in a music video and on tour in her early career
- Jennifer has been a judge on the popular show "American Idol" for four seasons
- Jennifer's nicknames include: J-Lo, Jenny from the Block, the Supernova (from her friends in the Bronx), and La Guitarra (because of her "guitar-like figure")
- Jennifer's net worth is $300 million
- Jennifer has been divorced three times