SHINEtastic Kids News
Weekly classroom news created by students
- We've been exploring theme through a variety of texts and videos while learning how to make inferences using both our schema and text based evidence.
- We will begin measurement on Tuesday May 2nd, as our assessment on decimals is on Monday, May 21st.
- Measurement Benchmarks
- Customary Units of Length
- Customary Units of Weight
- Customary Units Liquid Volume
- Metric Units of Length
- Metric Units of Mass and Liquid Volume
- Units of Time
- Problem Solving with Elapsed Time
- Mixed Measures
- Patterns in Measurement Units
NYS Science State Assessment is on May 23rd and June 4th. May 23rd is the performance assessment and June 4th is the written part.
Throughout the month of February, participated in a really exciting STEM challenge with two classrooms of learners from New Mexico! Through this experience we learned about Mars, NASA, rovers, and how NASA landed rovers onto Mars. We created prototypes to replicate this process using eggs as the "rover." Students used materials to protect their egg from breaking as they land. We explored force, shock absorbers, and impact. We also shared our prototypes with the learners from New Mexico for feedback and provided feedback to them on their designs. Trials were held near the end of February. Following trials, learners prepared conclusions and reflected on the process and their design on PBS Kids!
- With Mrs. Dauphinet, we are identifying the cause of the American Revolution.
Monthly Character Trait for Gardner Road: Respect
- Thank you Carter for the May snack!
- June snack will be provided by Makayla.
- Please contact me through email email@example.com or through our Class Dojo messaging anytime.
- Thank you SO much for all of your support. Children in here truly S.H.I.N.E. thanks to all of the encouragement from amazing family members!
Day 1: Library 9:50-10:30
Day 2: PE 9:40-10:25
Day 3: Music 9:50-10:20
Day 4: Art 9:50-10:35
Day 5: PE 9:40-10:25
Day 6: Music 9:50-10:20
Day 1: Trombone
Day 2: Trumpet & Chorus
Day 3: Flute
Day 4: Baritone
Day 5: Saxophone
Day 6: Clarinet and Strings