SHINEtastic Kids News
Weekly classroom news created by students
- We've been exploring learning about various pollutions and the effects on the earth. Students are selecting one type of pollution, designing a driving question and researching. Students will be completing and informational research paper on their findings and make a suggestion on how we can help in our community.
- We will begin measurement on Tuesday May 2nd, as our assessment on decimals is on Monday, May 21st.
- Measurement Benchmarks
- Customary Units of Length
- Customary Units of Weight
- Customary Units Liquid Volume
- Metric Units of Length
- Metric Units of Mass and Liquid Volume
- Units of Time
- Problem Solving with Elapsed Time
- Mixed Measures
- Patterns in Measurement Units
NYS Science State Assessment is on May 23rd and June 4th. May 23rd is the performance assessment and June 4th is the written part.
Throughout the month of February, participated in a really exciting STEM challenge with two classrooms of learners from New Mexico! Through this experience we learned about Mars, NASA, rovers, and how NASA landed rovers onto Mars. We created prototypes to replicate this process using eggs as the "rover." Students used materials to protect their egg from breaking as they land. We explored force, shock absorbers, and impact. We also shared our prototypes with the learners from New Mexico for feedback and provided feedback to them on their designs. Trials were held near the end of February. Following trials, learners prepared conclusions and reflected on the process and their design on PBS Kids!
- With Mrs. Dauphinet, we are identifying the cause of the American Revolution.
Favorite Specials! Thank you to our awesome special area teachers for teaching us k-4!
- Thank you Carter for the May snack!
- June snack will be provided by Makayla.
- Thank you to all the families who sent in extra snacks for those who forget or need one.
- Thank you for sending in donations for the Fourth Grade Celebration!
- Today was the last day of state testing this school year! Everyone put forth terrific effort.
- Our Riverwalk that was cancelled is rescheduled for the 13th of June.
- Tonight is the Riverfest at the Arnot Art Museum from 4-6. Details were sent home last week. Your child has a haiku and water color landscape on display. It's really cool to see your own work hanging on the walls of an art museum!
- It's so hard to believe that June is here. I adore your children and will miss them!
- Please contact me through email firstname.lastname@example.org or through our Class Dojo messaging anytime.
- Thank you SO much for all of your support. Children in here truly S.H.I.N.E. thanks to all of the encouragement from amazing family members!
Day 1: Library 9:50-10:30
Day 2: PE 9:40-10:25
Day 3: Music 9:50-10:20
Day 4: Art 9:50-10:35
Day 5: PE 9:40-10:25
Day 6: Music 9:50-10:20
Day 1: Trombone
Day 2: Trumpet & Chorus
Day 3: Flute
Day 4: Baritone
Day 5: Saxophone
Day 6: Clarinet and Strings