Irons Jr. High Newsletter
Commit to Excellence
No school on Friday, February 16th, and Monday, February 19th
Conroe ISD YOUniversity:
Please join us for this event on Saturday, March 2nd, from 10 am to 2 pm at the Jett Center. There will be activities, food trucks, presentations for students and parents, and information from our community resources. See the flyer below for more details. We hope to see you there!
The recommendation for the 2024-2025 and 2025-2026 school calendars for Conroe ISD was approved by the Board. Click on the link below for access to the calendars.
* Date Change* ORHS 24-25 Cheerleading Tryout Information:
- Mandatory Parent information meeting February 22nd @ 6:00 in the ORHS Cheer Team Room
- Tryout clinic will be on March 5-7th. Incoming freshmen will start at 4:45.
- Tryouts are March 8th. Incoming freshmen will start at 4:45.
Irons 24-25 Cheerleading Tryout Information:
Mandatory Pre-Tryout Parent & Candidate Meeting:
- February 21st ~ 6:00pm
- Location: Irons Jr. High Cafeteria
Tryout Applications Due:
- February 27th ~ 4:00pm
- Packets must be turned in at the Front Office of Irons Jr. High
Mandatory Tryout Clinic:
- March 4th, 5th and 6th ~ 5:00pm to 7:00pm
- Location: Irons Girls Gym
IMPORTANT NOTICE: March 5th is a school holiday for students. In lieu of
in-person clinic, all Tryout material will be posted on the Irons Jr. High Cheer
Website the morning of March 5th for candidates to practice at home. In addition, the Tryout Clinic on March 4th and 6th has been extended to 7:00 pm to allow candidates more in-person instruction and practice
- March 7th ~ 5:00pm
Results Posted on the IJH Cheer Website:
- March 8th ~ 4:00pm
ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Coach Neal email@example.com
ORHS Liberty Belles Tryouts:
- Parent Information Night, April 28th
- Tryout Clinic, April 30th-May 3rd
- Tryout May 4th
Irons Liberty Stars Drill Tryouts:
- Tuesday, March 19th: Mandatory Pre-Tryout Presentation, 6:00 PM in the Irons Cafeteria
- Monday, March 25th: Tryout packets due by 4:00 PM Irons Junior High front office
- Tuesday- Thursday, April 2-4 Mandatory Tryout Clinic:
- 4:15-5:30 PM officers, 5:30-7:30 PM team—Irons JH gym
- Friday, April 5th: Tryouts Must be in the IJH gym by 4:45 PM
- Team at 5:00, then officer tryouts after team tryouts.
- Thursday, April 11th: Mandatory Student & Parent New Team Meeting 6:00 PM in the LGI
- Tuesday, April 30th: Mandatory VENDOR NIGHT (sizing for team attire Between 5:00-7:00 pm)
*All dates are subject to change, and attendance is mandatory*
Director Barrette Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys soccer tryouts will take place March 5th, 7th, and 8th from 4:15 to 5:15. Students must have a physical on file and be connected to "Rank One." Boy's Athletic website has directions on how to connect to "Rank One."
Sign-up can be found on the Irons Boys' Soccer website. Please complete the Tryout Interest Form 2024.
Girls soccer tryouts will take place February 26th, 28th, and 29th after school. Students must have a physical on file and be connected to "Rank One." Girls Athletic website has directions on how to connect to "Rank One."
Irons Tennis: Tennis Tryouts February 21st, 22nd, and 23rd . All information on the Tennis Website
Irons No Tardy Party: We will have a student no-tardy incentive party at the end of the 3rd nine weeks for students who are never tardy to any class period. Our party could include Kona Ice, food trucks, a DJ, a bounce house, and field games. Please encourage your students to arrive on time for all class periods, including 1st period. As a reminder, parents traffic can be a problem for our car riders. Please plan ahead so that your child is present in class by the 8:50 tardy bell.
Irons Spring Dance: will be Friday, March 1st, from 7-9 in the Irons cafeteria. Students can purchase tickets for 10 dollars during all lunches the week of February 26-1. We will be selling concessions during the dance. For the safety of our students, we will have a limit of 400 tickets.
- Students must not owe a school cash balance by Monday, 2/26/24, to be clear for the dance.
- Students who have been assigned ISS, OSS, or DAEP or have excessive tardiness may not attend.
- All students must have a smart tag ID to purchase tickets and enter the dance.
- No tickets will be sold at the door.
- Only Irons students may attend.
Attendance Matters: It is essential that your child is in class each day unless they are ill. If your child misses school, please email our attendance office and remind your child to get in touch with their teacher about missed work. Irons Attendance Office
Yearbooks: We only have 15 yearbooks remaining for sale. Please purchase yours before the next price increase and before we are sold out.
Student IDs: All students must wear their CISD Student ID to school every day. Students who forget their ID will need to purchase a temporary ID for $1.00. Students must have their student ID in order to purchase lunch, ride CISD Transportation, and attend games and school events. If your child needs a new Student ID, they need to stop by the AP Office.
Conroe ISD: We are seeking community feedback for the Proclamation 2024 Instructional Materials Adoption through April 5, 2024. Community members may review materials online or they may request to view the materials in person at the Conroe ISD Textbook Warehouse.
More information is located on the CISD Instructional Materials website.
Irons Dismissal Procedure Update:
In an effort to maintain a safe environment at Irons Jr. High, we have made a few changes to our afternoon dismissal process. As you know, we have a three-stage dismissal process, with our car riders starting dismissal at 4:05, walkers and bike riders at 4:08, and bus riders at 4:12. In the past, we have relied on the honor system when dismissing these groups, but we have quite a few students struggling with that.
Now, all 7th-period teachers have a list of the bus students ride and will hold students until the bus arrives. If your child is registered for a bus but is primarily a car rider, this could cause them to exit the building later than usual. You can email their 7th-period teacher to communicate that they will be a car rider.
Texas Education Agency Intruder Detection Audit:
I am very proud to announce that Irons Jr. High had a no-findings result during the unannounced intruder detection audit this month by TEA. No findings are the best possible "score" we could have. Thank you to our staff and students for following all our safety procedures. We will continue to refine our safety and security procedures throughout the year.
We appreciate your support!
Principal, Irons Jr. High
We Are Hawks!
The Irons Science Bowl Team competed last weekend, beating John Cooper in the first round and The Woodlands Christian Academy in the second round. We made it to the semifinals to face McCollough, giving them a run for their money, but we came in 20 points short of victory. Great Job!!
Support Irons PTO Spirit Night
Support Student Council
No Tardy Party at the end of the Nine Weeks.
about bus safety. Please keep our children safe by stopping for buses that are loading or