Cascade Middle School Newsletter
Back to School Edition 2023-24
Welcome Back from the Principal
Cascade Middle School Families:
I hope this communication finds you enjoying a relaxing, activity-filled summer break with your kids. While we still have a decent dose of summer ahead, it is that time we begin anticipating the coming school year. I am excited to get back to our work of preparing each of our students for high school success in a connected and caring school community. We cannot wait to get started on our first day of school, August 29!
Please find key information about our school year below, including the following:
- Daily school schedule
- School supply list
- Accessing student schedules
- Fall athletics information and dates
- Student handbook and dress code specifications
- 6th grade orientation information
- Important upcoming dates
The school office is now open from 7:00am to 3:30pm. Please feel free to give us a call or visit us during office hours if we can be of help in any way.
Daily School Schedule
Accessing Student Schedules and Skyward Family Access Enrollment
Fall sports are right around the corner, with all practices beginning prior to the first day of school. Football and volleyball are open to 7th and 8th graders, and cross-country is open to all students--including 6th graders.
Requirements (Please have completed and turned in prior to first day of practice):
- Clearance forms to be turned into the main office (see forms below)
- Sports physical – good for 2 years – may need an update, so please check
- The district is working on planning a date and time partnering with our FCRC for families to come in to get their students cleared. That information will come out as soon as we know.
- Acquire whatever equipment is recommended by the head coach to be used during the season
Athletic forms can be found in the main office as well as our website: https://cascade.longviewschools.com/athletics. They are linked below as well. More details and schedules will be coming soon.
How to sign up
- Pick up or Print out and complete the required forms.
- Get a Sports Physical (If necessary – Physicals are good for two years)
- Bring completed forms into the office.
Sports Physical Card - Download
Safety Guidelines - See website for specific sport guidelines
Medical Emergency Authorization - Download
Middle School Code of Conduct - Download
Sudden Cardiac Arrest & Concussion Forms - Download
Study Hall on Early Release Wednesdays - Download
Permission to Ride Home - Download
COVID-19 Sports Form - Download
- Fall Practice Start Dates
- Football – Monday August 21
- Volleyball & Cross Country – Monday August 28
- Practice start times will be communicated by the head coach
- # of required practices to compete in games/meets
- FB – 12
- VB/XC – 8
- Fall Game Start Dates
- FB – September 6 (6 games)
- Volleyball – September 11 (10 games)
- Cross Country – TBD
- Game Schedules will be available prior to the season, but are currently being developed
Student Handbook 2023-24
Dress Code Reminders
Please be aware of the guidelines below regarding dress at Cascade, and keep them in mind when purchasing clothing for your child. We understand that fashion trends can make this challenging, but appreciate your support.
All articles of clothing, which have straps over the shoulder, must cover all undergarments.
All clothing must cover the midriff, buttocks, chest, and underwear (in all positions, i.e., sitting, standing, bending, reaching) and legs to finger-tip length.
Holes in garments exposing areas required to be covered may be grounds for dress code violations.
All students must wear some shoes or sandals.
The following are not allowed:
Pajama tops and bottoms
Flags or capes
Hats, hoods, or other head coverings
Headbands with decorations, i.e., cat ears
Attire is not allowed that promotes gangs, drugs, alcohol, profanity, racism, slander, or intimidation.
6th Grade Orientation August 24
Important Dates Upcoming
Monday, August 21: Football Practice Begins (Times TBA)
Thursday, August 24: Sixth Grade Orientation (4-6pm)
Monday, August 28: Volleyball and Cross Country Practices Begin (Times TBA)
Tuesday, August 29: First Day of School
Monday, September 4: NO SCHOOL (Labor Day)