Flores Class Chronicle - Week 15
Please take a moment to read this memo (it can get lengthy) each week. This is where we will post all the important dates and events to keep up with.
The weekly newsletters may also be found archived on our class website under the "Weekly Newsletters" page. Questions and/or comments? Please let me know!
For the love of learning,
Current Week's Schedule of Events
The Week Ahead
Please Review Our Class Special's Schedule for your Student's Rotation Day. (https://sites.google.com/a/leanderisd.org/mrs-flores/class-schedule
- LET IT GO! Used Book Fair ALL WEEK in the Community Room
- Red Specials Day
- Orange Specials Day
- Yellow Specials Day
- Green Specials Day
- Blue Specials Day
WHAT ARE WE LEARNING THIS WEEK?
- finish expository composition #1: My Favorite Season
- Review for Assessment
- begin Phase 2 (Product Creation) of Culture Doll project AT HOME
- for specific info on project, see newsletter link below or Google Classroom
- financial literacy, week #4 Dream Vacation
- Review for Math Assessment
- author's purpose in non-fiction text
- begin review for Benchmark 1
- begin car & ramp inquiry lab
- Review for Science Assessment
Friday, Dec. 18th, 9:45-10:45pm
1700 East Park Street
Cedar Park, TX
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Homework - Will be posted each Monday
ALL HOMEWORK IS DUE BY SUNDAY AT NOON.
Please NOTE.!! Students only need to log their reading at the end on the week. If you experience any difficulties, please just have your student let me know. They can always do an alternative assignment or access the assignment at school.
Español en nuestra clase
Our class has begun learning some basic Spanish. We are lucky to have two great volunteers helping students with this new adventure...Mrs. Martin and Mr. Martinez.
Use the links to have fun and practice!
Week #1 - Students are beginning with basic introductions and numbers 0-20. Attached is the link so students can practice the numbers.
Week #2 - Classroom items and people (Just a few to start)
Below you will find upcoming dates for the first semester. Please update your calendars accordingly. Please understand that dates are subject to change and more than likely will, but we will keep this list current to the best of our ability. To assist you in keeping your calendars updated, any additions or changes from the previous week's memo will be in bold. There have been tentative additions for the year!
- Friday 12/18 - 4th Grade Holiday Parties; 9:45 - 10:45 in classrooms
- 12/21 - 1/1/16 - LISD Winter Break - NO SCHOOL
- Monday 1/4 - School resumes (DON'T FORGET TO ADD 5 MINUTES TO THE SCHOOL DAY!)
- Friday 1/8 - Fun First Friday in 4th (Dress-Up) - Crazy Hair Day
- Friday 1/15 - End of 1st Semester
- Monday 1/18 - Staff Development / Student Holiday
- Wednesday 1/20 - 2nd 9 Weeks report cards sent home
- Monday 2/1 - Tuesday 2/2 - Staff Development / Student Holiday
- Friday 2/5 - Fun First Friday in 4th Grade - Geriatric Attack (Dress up like a Sr. Citizen in honor of the 100th day of school :)
- Wednesday 2/17 - progress reports sent home ONLY for students with a grade >70% in any subject
- Wednesday 3/2 - TX Independence Day - Dress like a Texan in 4th
- Sunday 3/13 - Daylight Savings Time - SPRING FORWARD!
- Monday 3/14 - Friday 3/18 - NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
- Friday 3/25 - NO SCHOOL - Good Friday
- Tuesday 3/29 - 4th Grade Writing STAAR Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Friday 4/1 - End of the 3rd 9 weeks
- Friday 4/1 - First Fun Friday in 4th Grade - Illuminocity Atrocity - Dress in BRIGHT or NEON colors!
- Monday 4/4 - Stephanie Beasley's 29th birthday
- Wednesday 4/6 - report cards sent home
- 4/22 - Earth Day
- Monday 4/25 - Bad Weather Make-Up Day (holidays unless the assigned day is needed due to bad weather, which will be communicated in advance)
- Wednesday 5/4 - progress reports sent home ONLY for students with a grade >70% in any subject
- Friday 5/6 - Fun First Friday in 4th Grade - Dress like a STAR! (music, sport, TV - school dress code compliant, please :)
- Monday 5/9 - 3rd & 4th Grade STAAR Math Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Tuesday 5/10 - 3rd & 4th Grade STAAR Reading Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Monday 5/24 - Bad Weather Make-Up Day (holidays unless the assigned day is needed due to bad weather, which will be communicated in advance)
- Monday 5/30 - NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
- Friday 6/3 End of 4th 9 weeks - report cards sent home & Last Day of School - Have a GREAT summer!