Importance of Milk
Why's it so important?
- It maintains and builds your bone mass
- It prevents Osteoporosis
- Source of protein
- Contains Vitamin D, Calcium, and Potassium; all vital nutrients
What In the World Is Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is a condition in which bones become brittle, fragile, weak, and porous to the point of easily breaking. It causes your bones to lose minerals such as calcium.
How can you prevent it?
- Build healthy bones while you are young
- Maintain a healthy diet, acquiring the daily recommended amounts of Calcium and Vitamin D
- Live a healthy lifestyle; Don't smoke or drink excessive amounts of alcohol
Here's Some Healthy Calcium-Rich Foods To Eat:
- Skim Milk
Beef Enchiladas Recipe:
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into bite size strips
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (7 ounce) cans diced green chile peppers
- 4 cups tomato sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 3/4 cup chopped black olives, drained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large casserole dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute onions until almost translucent. Stir in beef, garlic, and chile peppers, and continue cooking until the meat is no longer pink. Pour in the tomato sauce and chili powder. Mix thoroughly and heat through. Remove from heat.
- Spoon a little of the meat mixture into a corn tortilla and add small amounts of salsa, Cheddar cheese and olives. Fold the tortilla up and place in the prepared casserole dish. Repeat for the remaining tortillas using up all of the meat mixture. Reserve 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese for topping.
- Pour the other half of the tomato sauce and sour cream over all of the tortillas. Top with green onions and 1/2 cup of reserved Cheddar cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until hot and bubbly.