Mrs. Landry's Little Leaders
Learning & Growing Together
Organizational Skills by Dr. Covey
Habit 1: Be Proactive Habit 1 is about initiative and responsibility. Help your child determine what he or she will need for the next day. To start, writing a list may be helpful. Next, have your child gather the non-perishable items and put them in his or her school bag.
Habit 2: Begin With the End in Mind Habit 2 is about visualizing how you would like something to turn out before it happens. If a smooth morning is the goal, brainstorm with your child how that will look and feel like. Your child may actually have time to do something extra in the morning if he or she is organized and you will all have a happy start to the day.
Habit 3: Put First Things Habit 3 means focusing on the task when there's something else you would rather be doing — the hardest part of all! Help your child learn how to avoid distractions by reminding him or her that, if they stick to it, all the fun things can come right after—with no guilt or nagging! Once children know these habits, and how to apply them, they can start tackling more difficult tasks independently. They will begin to feel self confident and proud when they're able to complete homework, chores, and other tasks by themselves. They're also sure to be pleased when they find they have some extra free time to do what they'd like to do. Remember, it may take time to teach your child these skills. Sometimes, it will seem simpler just to do it for them. But remember, your child won't learn how to be independent and successful if you always do it for them. Using Habits 1-3 is a life skill that will benefit them their entire lives.
October 4 - Picture Day
October 5 Popsicles on the playground
October 10 - Book Orders Due
October 13 - Sock-hop - 6-8PM
October 14- Early Dismissal
October 15- Imagination Celebration
October 17 - Library
October 19 Unity Day - Wear Orange
October 21- Report Cards
October 24 - Red Ribbon Week
October 28 - Spirit Day
October 31- Fall Celebration 10:00-11:00 & 2:00 - 3:00
- We are learning that words have meaning. We are using labels to show how words and objects relate.
- Building Vocabulary through songs, books and activities so children can demonstrate understanding of concepts - Transportation, car, bus, van, truck, plain, helicopter, balloon, boat, ship, bicycle, motorcycle,..straight, zigzag, round, fast, slow,
- Letter Knowledge - a, c, i, l, o,t
- Shared and independent reading
- For Songs visit https://clearcreek.itslearning.com/lprice/songs/
Practice naming letters at home using the link below.
- Calendar - graphing the weather, rote counting 1-10, Number Recognition
- making sets 1 - 6
- Monster Math
- Watch at home & talk about shapes & counting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9JoqU5Pjjg
Habit - Be Proactive Core Value - Responsibility
Pre-K 4 Team
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose."