NEWS AND NOTES
January 21, 2022 Parent Newsletter
A Note from the Principal
Please don't forget to complete your re-enrollment for next year! We have received many applications for classes already full and we want your child back at Marquette next year.
Save the Date for Boots and BBQ on February 12th!
We will be wrapping up our Winter MAP Testing next week. Please make sure your child gets to school on time and well-rested.
Week at a Glance
-MHSA Meeting 8:05
-Kindergarten and 1st Grade Mass
-4th and 5th Grade Mass
-2nd and 3rd Grade Mass
-Middle School Mass
-Happy Birthday Mrs. Grinzinger!
Marquette K-8 COVID-19 Data
The FACTS Grant and Aid Portal is open for families to apply for tuition assistance for the 2022-2023 school year.
You may access the portal by logging into Family Portal by:
Clicking on Financial located at the bottom of the red box on the left side of your home screen
Click on Apply for Grant and Aid, located under Financial Links
Log into the FACTS Grant and Aid portal
Reminder: Your login credentials are different from the credentials for the FACTS tuition management website. You can call FACTS at 866-441-4637, if you need your password reset. If you have not previously set up an account in the Grant and Aid portal, you need to Create an Account.
The Grant and Aid Portal will close on April 15.
If you have any questions about tuition assistance, please feel free to reach out. I am happy to schedule an appointment with you to discuss the 5 different financial aid funds available to Marquette K-8 students.
Volunteering and Virtus
What you need to do:
- First, VIRTUS Child & Youth Protection Requirements have three components: 1.) the background check submission 2.) adherence to policies, procedures, and ethical standards, and 3.) the child & youth protection education training. Each component needs to be renewed every five years.
- Registration for First-time Users:
- Visit www.virtusonline.org.
- Select “First-Time Registrant” to create an online VIRTUS account.
- Follow the onscreen step-by-step instructions for completing the process (PDF instructions attached as well). We require all volunteers to start this process no later than two week before the date of volunteering.
- Update Existing Account:
- Registered volunteers are encouraged to login at the beginning of every school year to ensure that all personal information is correct. Upon login, your account will prompt you to complete any necessary requirements. Automated emails are sent through VIRTUS approximately one week before they expire. Please ensure that the registered email address is correct.
Yearbook Picture Submissions
January 30-Feb. 4 CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK
February 14 VALENTINE’S DAY PARTIES 2:15
February16 &17 PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
(2:15 DISMISSAL ON FEB. 16; NO SCHOOL ON FEB. 17)
February 18 DIOCESAN INSERVICE--NO SCHOOL
February21 PRESIDENTS DAY--NO SCHOOL
March 2 ASH WEDNESDAY MASS
March 11 KINDERGARTEN Q/U WEDDING
March 12-20 SPRING BREAK
March 25 STATIONS OF THE CROSS
April 8 STATIONS OF THE CROSS
April 14 HOLY THURSDAY/LIVING STATIONS OF THE CROSS 2:00 P.M.
April 15 GOOD FRIDAY--NO SCHOOL
April 18 EASTER MONDAY-NO SCHOOL
April 22-29 Spring Book Fair
May 6 MAY CROWNING
May 13 FIELD DAY
May 16-18 8TH GRADE FINALS: 12:30 DISMISSAL FOR 8TH GRADERS
May 19 8TH GRADE GRADUATION
May 20 FIELD DAY MAKE UP DAY
May 24-26 6TH AND 7TH GRADE FINALS: 12:30 DISMISSAL
May 27 KINDERGARTEN GRADUATIONMay 27 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL: 12:00 DISMISSAL / NO AFTERCARE
2021-2022 Marquette School Theme
“Joy, with peace, is the sister of charity. Serve the Lord with laughter.”
– SAINT PADRE PIO