Holy Redeemer Catholic School, June 24
Mark Your Calendars:
We are ALMOST at the end of the School Year!!! Just a few days left to go! Yay!...
Monday: JUNE 27
- Ardrossan Rec Centre - Spray Park - Grade 1,2,3,4,5
- Grade 8 Reward Trip @ West Ed
Tuesday: JUNE 28
- Last Day of School
- Report cards published on PowerSchool - Tuesday, June 28, 5 p.m.
- HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!!!
Please contact Tess in the office (780-922-4522) if your family is moving and won't be attending Holy Redeemer (or ABJ) in the fall as we are planning for the 2022-2023 school year. Please do NOT submit a new registration form if you are returning next year.
Action Required - Transportation Forms 2022 / 2023
Transportation Request Deadline: ALL students requiring busing for 22-23 school year MUST fill out a Transportation Request form on School Engage before June 10. If your child is currently taking the bus they MUST still put in a new request for next year NO LATER THAN JUNE 10.
To fill out a Transportation Request form, do the following:
- Log into PowerSchool (website is https://eics.powerschool.com)
- Click "SchoolEngage Student Forms" on the left
- Choose a student from the "Students" menu on the left
- On the right hand side, in the list of forms, search for the "Transportation" category and click "New" beside the form named "B.1) Transportation Request Form".
Please complete one form for each student requiring busing. If you encounter difficulties logging into PowerSchool, please contact the Tess in the office at 780-922-4522 for assistance.
Technology needed in Grade 4
Students entering grade 4 in the fall will need to bring a device to school as another tool for learning. EICS recommends Chromebooks as the ideal device due to price, battery life, fast startup, and usability.
Sacrament Registration - Next Year
Instructions have been received from the parish that you should email SACRAMENTS@OLPH.CA to pre-register for sacramental preparation next school year 2022/23, IF you are seeking sacraments next year for your child/ren.
Our contact at the Church is:
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish
(780) 467-5470 Ext: 225
Please contact her if you have any questions or concerns regarding Sacraments.
Grade 8 Farewell
National Indigenous People's Day
Check out some fun...
These LUCKY DUCKIES Heading off to Drumheller (Grade 4 & 5)
Mrs. Scoggins email@example.com
News from your parent council
Holy Redeemer Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
2020-2021 Yearbook ordering - PAC is putting the final touches on the 2020-2021 Yearbook! Online ordering instructions will be sent out next week. Yearbooks will be delivered early September.
Big thank you to all those that supported PAC this school year, through fundraisers and volunteering your time. We had a very successful year and couldn't have done it without your help. If you are interested in joining next year or have any questions feel free to contact Andrea Minarchi - firstname.lastname@example.org
Our first meeting of the new school year will be September 13th, 2022 at 6:30p.m. All Parents are WELCOME!
God Bless and have a wonderful summer!
Common Topics and Quick Links
- A Reminder about spring registration for First Reconciliation & First Holy Communion INCLUDING a special invitation for family whose children age 7-10 are not yet Baptized. We have special preparation available for those families so the little ones can be welcomed in Baptism during the Easter season then go on to celebrate the other sacraments with their classmates. Please share widely in your classrooms! A direct invitation from the grade 2-4 teachers would be extremely helpful.
- Invitations for two different adult Faith Formation opportunities being offered in April by the parish GiFT Committee (Growing in Faith Together.) Please share with all EICS staff and parents. You do not need to be an OLPH parishioner to participate.