Wilson Ranger Post
December 7, 2015
Congratulations to our Wilson Teacher of the Year, Ms. Heidi!!!!
RtI Next Steps...
1. If you will be discussing moving a learner from Tier 1 to Tier 2 or Tier 2 to Tier 3, please contact Renee, Christina, Jennifer or Mary to do a fidelity check in your room during your intervention time. Please make contact by Friday, January 8th.
2. As you are intervening with your learners, please keep notes and data of their progress.
3. The notes and data you have on each of your learners needs to be uploaded in to Euphoria PRIOR to the January RtI meeting (pg. 2 of the existing form). The teams who had this done had a much more efficient meeting and the educators were able to talk about their learners' progress succinctly.
4. Please make sure your Tier 2 and 3 learners who are being pulled for intervention are ALSO receiving intervention from you. The double dip is what will help close the gaps.
Wilson Ranger Makerspace - Coming Soon
(Please send to your families)
Makerspace - Collaborative learning environment where people come together to share materials and information, and to learn new skills.
Makerspaces are powerful learning spaces that encourage critical thinking and problem solving skills, facilitate opportunities for collaboration. Our space will be open to all at any point in the school day and beyond. Wilson’s focus is on the making of all kinds, including technology, art, and crafts. Space-planning and materials procurement are in progress and you can help!
Here’s your opportunity to clean out your closets. Right now we are collecting the following items. If you have any of these you’d like to donate, please send them to the library between now and the Winter Break. PLEASE don’t think you have to purchase these. Clean out and send what you have around your home.
· Spare Lego people and bricks
· White paper plates
· Plastic straws
· Craft sticks or wooden coffee stirs
· Toilet paper or paper towel cardboard rolls
· Bubble wrap
· Chenille sticks (pipe cleaners)
· Index cards
· Paper cups (any size)
· Cotton balls
· Styrofoam balls (any size)
· Masking tape
· Painters tape
Very soon, we will be purchasing and adding to the makerspace K’nex sets, circuit kits, Makey-makey sets, Sphero robots, littleBits electronics kits, a Lego wall, and other exciting items.
Thanks for your help!
The Wilson Makerspace Planning Team
Holiday Party Schedule
Thursday, December 17
Noon-1:15 2nd grade
1:30-2:30 1st grade
1:45-2:45 5th grade
2:00-3:00 4th grade
Friday, December 18
9:00-11:00 3rd grade
Staff Christmas Party
Our staff Christmas party is Thursday, December 17th at Jana Richmond's house. Her address is 4905 Wichita Trail, Flower Mound Texas 75022. We will start at 6:00. Your spouse, significant other, plus one is invited! :). Don't forget to bring a white elephant gift!
Please sign up here to bring something to share!