Blending the Lines
Blending books and technology to form our Educational Lines.
Books + Technology @yourlibrary!
Library Highlights for the 9 Weeks
Read. Research. Relate. Recharge.
In Need of a New Read
After the big snow, these readers were ready for something new.
Catching Up After the Snow
Check Out Time
Great books create longer check out lines in our library!
Learning in the Library
Focus: Plagiarism and AVL
Mrs. Madison uses symbaloo to help students easily access reliable, relevant websites as wells as the AVL and easybib.
After learning more about how to avoid plagiarism, Mrs. Britton's English students locate books on Mythological gods and goddesses.
Mrs. Britton's students use symbaloo to access reliable web sources on Mythology.
Digital Learning Day
Tweet All About It!
BYOT @ S9GS!
What's New with Books
February 2015 Book Selection
From School Library JournalGr 8 Up—A rollicking series opener from the author of the "Legend" series (Putnam). Imagine surviving a plague of fever, only to be marked as an abomination by your countrymen. Most survivors of the sickness that vanquished thousands in this alternative medieval world possess a strange and unique marking, whether it be a facial coloring, oddly tinged hair, or, in Adelina's case, a missing eye. Called malfettos, some are endowed with magical gifts that enable them to control wind, fire, earth, and even humans.
Valentine's Day Reads
Get Charged in the Library!
About the Charging Stations
- Charge up to 15 devices, both IOS and Android, on the provided charging blocks.
- 12 additional power outlets are available for students who bring their own charging cables.
Charging Station Rules
- Your Device. Your Responsibility.
- Do not leave your device unattended.
- S9GS is not responsible for misplaced, damaged, or stolen devices.
Where Old School Meets New School
We are a 21st Century Library
Books + Technology
Reading + Research
Hand-held + Digital
Digital Citizenship + Information Literacy
Librarian: Alison Madison
I am passionate about...
- Books - hand-held and digital
- Reading YA Literature
- Instructional and Educational Technology
- Gadgets, gizmos, and educational apps
- Helping high school students discover all of the above
I Believe that School Libraries are Innovative and Irreplaceable.