You have been accepted into the SSS Scholars Program
On behalf of the Student Support Services (SSS) program at UW-River Falls, we want to welcome you to SSS! We are excited that you are now a part of our community!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 715-425-3531 or SSS@uwrf.edu
Take a few minutes to connect with us. Check out our website and Facebook page.
Overview of SSS
Student Support Services is a project designed to help students maximize their academic potential and achieve their academic and personal goals. Our program provides the encouragement, information, and positive support that make our offices a "home away from home" for our students.
- Knowledgeable and committed coaches
- Early Grade Awareness Reports
- Academic and study skill support
- Cultural activities
- Financial literacy (budgets, credit cards, student loan guidance, FAFSA assistance)
- Professional development (resume, interview skills, internships, networking and graduate school exploration)
- Service projects and leadership development
- Referrals and connections to other campus resources
- SSS Grant Aid
- Community of first generation scholars
SSS Scholars participate in a two day fall retreat in a beautiful setting in Northern Wisconsin where you can connect with other SSS Scholars and learn skills that will enable you to make a strong start to your academic career at UWRF.
Last spring we spent the day out at Lost Creek Ranch (which is a horse rescue ranch) painting and doing yard work, then spent some time playing with the horses. Other community projects include: Habitat for Humanity, Community Dinners, Community Easter Egg Hunt.
Workshops & Events