Friday, February 17, 2023
African American History Showcase
Friday, February 24, 2023
Cheerleading Competition Tomorrow
IB Informational Session
Friday, March 3, 2023 @ 2:00pm
Kim and Sam
La Sra. Kimberly Lebovitz (coordinadora de PYP) y el Sr. Sam Lee (coordinador de MYP) organizarán un taller informativo de IB en persona el viernes 3 de marzo de 2023 a las 2:00 pm. Esta sesión será interactiva y le brindará información adicional sobre qué es el Bachillerato Internacional y cómo se ve en Peirce. Si está interesado en asistir, complete este formulario a más tardar el viernes, 24 de febrero. Se proporcionarán servicios de traducción. Comuníquese si tiene alguna pregunta.
kim y sam
2nd Grade - Valentine's Day Party in Room 224
PK Room 121 - Morning Meeting
MYP Teaching and Learning
8th - Language and Literature Class
8th - Math Investigations
Learning Celebrations - Seeking Career Day Volunteers
Peirce is looking for professionals that are interested in speaking about their profession. We are looking for community members that would like to engage our Middle Years Program students and help raise awareness of the different career paths that are out there in the real world. If you are interested in talking to our students in person or virtual, please contact Mr. Lee - email@example.com and fill out this google form.
The Arts at Peirce
5th Grade - Heart Collages
IB Learner Profile of the Month
We act with integrity and honesty, with a strong sense of fairness and justice, and with respect for the dignity and rights of people everywhere. We take responsibility for our actions and their consequences.
What can you do at home???
- Involve your child in deciding on the rules for a game or activity and then ensure that they stick to the ones that have been decided upon.
- Encourage your child to play games that involve teams. Discuss with your child the qualities of a team player. What sort of person would they want on their team?
- When your child wins a game insist that he or she is a well- mannered winner. They might thank their opponent or shake hands with them if it’s appropriate.
- When playing a game, don’t change the rules to let your child win. Being a gracious loser is just as important as being a good winner.
- Connect behavior to character.
- Provide opportunities for your child to make their own decisions, discuss the consequences of their decisions.
- Read and tell stories in which the story characters demonstrate making principled decisions
- Discuss how being principled is life long commitment and well sought after as a characteristic to have
Friends of Peirce
T-Shirt Sizes Needed
Move-A-Thon is our annual student-led fundraiser where we walk from school to either the lakefront or a park. Each year students get a free t-shirt to wear for Move-A-Thon Day. This year Move-A-Thon is taking place in May. To get ahead and ensure that we have all of the information that we need, please complete this form indicating your child's t-shirt size, no later than Friday, February 24th. If you have any questions, please reach out to Kimberly Lebovitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greetings, Peirce Community! Kindly save the date for Move-a-Thon 2023 ~ it will be held on Friday, May 12th! Kindly consider filling out this form to volunteer!
(Please also save the RAIN DATE which is Friday, May 19th!)
¡Saludos, Comunidad Peirce! Guarde la fecha para Move-a-Thon 2023 ~ ¡se llevará a cabo el viernes 12 de mayo! ¡Considere amablemente completar este formulario para ser voluntario!
(¡Guarde también la FECHA DE LLUVIA que es el viernes 19 de mayo!)
Peirce Days 2023
Forever Yogurt - February 20th - 5309 North Clark Street
Kona Ice Truck - June 1st - Food Truck outside after school
Winter Parent Mixer
PSO Winter Parent Mixer
Friday March 10 • 6-10pm
at Whiskey Girl Tavern : 6318 N Clark St
• Free Pool on 3 tables
• Jazz Music
• Food & Cocktails/Mocktails for purchase
• Signature Peirce Drink (Whiskey Girl will donate 1$ of purchase to Peirce)
Please RSVP at: tinyurl.com/4kpsrhpf
Need babysitting for the evening?
Friends of Peirce (FOP) has brought back their babysitting nights!
March 10th from 6-9pm
Spaces are limited!
Get more details & sign up: https://my.cheddarup.com/c/peirce-babysitting-nights?cart=5b635c3e-a9ea-401f-8eab-1bd01819cd44%21%2146614977
PSO Mezclador de Padres de Invierno
Viernes, 10 de marzo - 6-10pm
en Whiskey Girl Tavern : 6318 N Clark St
- Billar gratis 3 mesas de billar
- Música Jazz
- Comida y Cocktails/Mocktails para comprar
- Bebida Peirce (Whiskey Girl donará 1$ de la compra a Peirce)
Por favor, RSVP en: tinyurl.com/4kpsrhpf
¿Necesitas canguro por la noche?
¡Amigos de Peirce (FOP) ha traído de vuelta sus noches de canguro!
10 de marzo de 6-9pm
Más información e inscripción: https://my.cheddarup.com/c/peirce-babysitting-nights?cart=5b635c3e-a9ea-401f-8eab-1bd01819cd44%21%2146614977
American Housing Survey
Recruiting Field Reps
The U.S. Census Bureau is committed to recruiting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of our nation.
Census Bureau field representatives and field supervisors make up the majority of these positions, serving an important role in completing the mission of the agency.
Field representatives live in the local communities that they collect data for, enjoy flexible hours, receive paid training, and are reimbursed for mileage on their personally owned vehicles.
We are currently recruiting field representatives for the American Housing Survey and we need your help. The AHS is one of 130 ongoing current surveys the Census Bureau conducts. The survey has been the most comprehensive national housing survey in the United States since its start in 1973. The AHS is being conducted in your county this year. Hiring is underway through March; training would run from March through April and data collection would run from May through September.
We’re delighted to share with you a recently released Social Media and Email Marketing Recruiting Toolkit to make it easier for you to share these opportunities. The toolkit includes digital cards and suggested text you can use in your social media and email marketing campaigns to promote these job openings. We hope you’ll join us in helping get the word out!
We also encourage that you share the toolkit link with your networks who may also be interested in spreading the word about these recruitment opportunities.
Aspen Parent Portal Accounts
Having difficulty paying for field trips or student fees in Aspen? Checking your child's grades?
- Aspen Parent Portal is different from Aspen Student Portal
- Student Fees can only be paid through the Aspen Parent Portal
- If you do not have an ASPEN Parent Portal account please fill out the New ASPEN Parent Portal Account, so that Sally Suarez can start the process for you.
- If you are locked out of your ASPEN Parent Portal due to forgetting password or username please fill out this ASPEN Parent Portal Password Reset.
Attached is a PDF with step by step instructions on how to create your ASPEN Parent Portal account once you receive an invitation from ASPEN. The Services and Supports web page has video resources.
Only one ASPEN Parent Portal account is needed to access information for all of your CPS student(s), you can add multiple students to the same parent account.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to Sally Suarez, ESSuarezdeDuran@cps.edu.
- Family Handbook
- PK Handbook
- Specials Schedule - see when your child will have Art, Dance, Drama, Music, PE & Spanish
- Meal Viewer (English | Spanish)
- Accommodations for Meetings (Right side)
- Submit Student Vaccinations
- Report a COVID Positive Case
- COVID Testing Sign Up, enter student ID number
If you hear about harm that has happened in the school community, you can report in a variety of ways:
February 3rd - No School
February 7th - FOP Meeting @ 6:30pm via Zoom
February 10th - PSO Sponsored Valentine's Day Dance 5:00-6:30pm
February 10th - 3rd Quarter Progress Reports Distributed
February 20th - Peirce Days - Forever Yogurt
February 20th - No School - President's Day
Feburary 22nd - Coffee with the Principal @ 8:00am in Fieldhouse
February 23rd - LSC Meeting @ 6:00pm