The Boutz Buzz
December 7 - December 11, 2015
A Gingerbread Boy, A Gingerbread Man and Gingerbread Houses
We made it through three days without Ms. Boutz and survived! I know it can be rough on kindergarteners without their teacher, and I am so proud of the reports I received from the subs.
I had an AMAZING birthday! I received countless "Happy Birthday"s from students and teachers and even a few presents. The sheer excitement on THEIR faces about MY birthday was the best. I have NEVER felt more loved before. Thank you for raising such sweet kids and for those that sent me personal birthday messages. It means so much!
We also began our Major Saver fundraiser this week. All orders are due Wednesday December 15th. However, if they bring in their Major Saver packet on Wednesday the 9th they will get a special Tongue Tugger keychain for every card sold. This offer is only available Wednesday December 9th only!
KC Wolf visited our school and talked about the ABCs to live by having a good: A- Attitude, B-Behavior and C-Character. Each student also received a special KC Wolf picture!
Polar Express week also went well. We did some great opinion writing! We wrote about whether we liked marshmallows in our hot chocolate and also which one we liked better (the movie or the book). We also had a wonderful time drinking hot chocolate (with marshmallows) and watching The Polar Express movie in our pajamas! It was so cute to see how excited they were to show off the characters on their PJs. I even sported a zip-up onesie.
- December 11th will be our annual Come Create With Me from 9:30-11:00 am. Kindergarteners will have a morning full of different holiday arts, crafts and goodies. We are asking that each child bring an adult to share this experience with. This is a great opportunity for your child to spend time with you, or another adult (mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, aunt, etc) as they go from station to station. I will be sending home a form with your student to return ASAP. Don't worry, a helper will be assigned to your child if an adult cannot make it.
- As suggested from Mrs. Long, I would also like to make Gingerbread Houses this week. She does it every year and it is something many of her past students have remembered in their older years. I am wondering if any parents would be willing to donate a box of graham crackers or bag of candies for decorating them? I'll supply frosting. Thanks!
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email or call me.
Our theme is Christmas/ Santa!
- Sight words: to, do
- Animated Literacy: long U is for Huey Mule; NG is for Ping Pong, Wh is for Whistling Whale
- Reading Focus: Visualization, our ability to create pictures in our heads based on text we read or words we hear.
- Special Books: The Night Before Christmas, Sad Santa,
- Writing: Letters to Santa. Writing Stations (grade card testing this week!)
- Finish chapter 5, adding pairs of numbers to 10.
- Use manipulatives to show two different numbers added together to make one number.
- Christmas addition!
- We will discuss different types of transportation and how they are used.
- We will discuss wants vs. needs. With emphasis on the holidays coming up.
- We will discuss weather changes, specifically into winter.
Dates to Remember
December 13: Tavys' Birthday
December 16: Cici's Pizza Night
December 17: Yearbook cover contest deadline/ All Pro Dads, 8:00 AM
December 18: Leadership Assembly 9:00 AM / Winter Parties, 3:00
December 21-31: NO SCHOOL - HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
8:30-9:00 Math Stations
9:55-10:00 Restroom Break
10:00-10:30 Writer’s Workshop
10:30-11:00 Reader’s Workshop
11:00-11:10 Restroom Break
11:10- 11:35 Lunch
11:35-11:40 Restroom Break
11:40-12:10 Literacy Centers
12:40- 1:15 Math
1:15-1:20 Restroom Break
2:10-2:15 Restroom Break
2:15-2:25 Quiet Time/Reading
2:30-2:50 Animated Literacy/SIPPS
2:50-3:10 Social Studies/Science
3:10-3:15 Pack Up
3:15-3:35 Discovery Time
Please contact me with any questions or concerns.
In case of urgency/ weekend needs, my personal cell is 816-582-1585. I'm also a Millennial, which means I text. ;)