West Homer Elementary
What a wonderful first week of school! Students have responded well to learning all the new protocols in the building. As I have visited classrooms, I have seen students actively engaged in meaningful activities and connecting with remote learners as well. I am so amazed by their resilience during this very different model of learning.
As the weather begins to turn, please make sure you are sending your child with appropriate outdoor gear. Even if it is raining, we will be sending students out to PE and recess, and we continue to take advantage of outdoor classroom learning opportunities as much as possible.
Free and Reduced Lunch
October 1st is the last day of Free and Reduced Lunch eligibility from last year. If you have not filled out a new form for this school year, please do so by October 1st to receive benefits.
Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, we will not be offering after school activities this fall.
Keep practicing social distancing, wearing a mask in public and frequently washing your hands so we can have the best chance of continuing to attend in-person learning.
My door is always open, and I welcome the opportunity to speak with each of you!
Eric Waltenbaugh, Principal
Get It & Go Meal Information
Meals for KPBSD Students
Get It & Go Meals for KPBSD Students Begin Monday, August 24, 2020
Students who receive their education via 100% Remote Learning, or if schools shift to 100% Remote Learning during COVID19 High Risk, can order Get It & Go Meals
Action: complete the simple online sign-up for lunch and breakfast meals. If you do not have access to the internet, call KPBSD Student Nutrition Services at 907-714-8890.
100% Remote Learning Students pickup is once a week: Wednesday from 10:00-10:30 AM
Get-It & Go Meals at 29 Schools
- Small across the water schools: Nanwalek School, Port Graham School, Tebughna School
- Eastern Peninsula: Moose Pass School, Seward Elementary, Seward Middle School, Seward High School
- Kenai Area: Kaleidoscope School of Arts and Science, Kenai Alternative School, Kenai Central High School, Kenai Middle School, Mountain View Elementary
- Nikiski Area: Nikiski Middle-High School, Nikiski North Star Elementary
- Soldotna Area: K-Beach Elementary, Redoubt Elementary, Soldotna High School, Skyview Middle School, Soldotna Elementary, Tustumena Elementary
- Sterling Area: Sterling Elementary School
- Southern Peninsula: Chapman School, Homer High School, Homer Middle School, McNeil Canyon School, Nikolaevsk School, Ninilchik School, Paul Banks Elementary, West Homer Elementary
Pickup is curbside at the school this fall. If the student is not present, please have the student ID to present at the pickup location. We apologize that no special dietary substitutions will be accommodated. When you pick up your meals, protect your personal health and the people near you by frequent hand-washing, wearing cloth face coverings, and keeping a distance of 6 feet or more between yourself and others.
If you have questions, or do not have internet access to complete the weekly online signup, call KPBSD Student Nutrition Services, 907-714-8890, or email dbuchanan@KPBSD.org.
West Homer Elementary
Laura Peek - Nurse - LPeek@kpbsd.k12.ak.us
Joni Wise - Secretary - JWise@kpbsd.k12.ak.us