Welcome to Washington Elementary
Important Message from the Marysville Public Schools
A Message from Our Technology Teachers!!
During this break, please encourage your children to read - take AR tests at home, write in a journal, and practice math facts DAILY. When selecting screen time, we have built a website full of educational resources to use at home and in school. The technology homepage has all the links to our district provided programs: Lexia, Reflex Math, Khan Academy, Moby, Max, Accelerated Reader, etc. For additional STEAM, coding, and typing resources, utilize the grade level tabs.
Mrs. Hebel and Mrs. Zick-Powell
Technology EA teachers
We are excited to share our new Attendance Matters initiative to promote the importance of good attendance. Each month we will update our display board to show which grade scored an ATTENDANCE TOUCHDOWN. Congratulations to our 3rd Graders for having the highest attendance during the month of February.
- If end of day transportation will be different, please contact the office before 2:45 pm or send in a note to let us know of the changes. We are unable to accept changes directly from your child.
- If before or after school child care is needed, please contact Latchkey @ 388-0107.
- We have Marysville High School home sporting event student tickets available for purchase in the office. These are for regular season games and they are $2.00/ticket.
- Check out Washington’s calendar for monthly events on the Marysville Public Schools website.
- Don't forget to sign up for Remind, we often post updates/reminders about important school events/information. Please click on the Remind link http://remind.com/join/99kef3 to sign up.
- Supervision in the morning does not begin until 8:00 am. Many students are arriving before 8:00 am and waiting outside and in the vestibule area. These students are unsupervised and many are not following school rules and are causing a disruption, as well as being a safety issue. If you need daycare before 8:00 am please contact the Marysville Children Center to get signed up Latchkey in our building. The Marysville Children's Center phone number is 364-3165.
Students that STEPPED UP in February 2020
Begindergarten - Addisyn E. / DK - Hunter T. / ECSE - Reid S. ~ Liam B.
KA - Cooper A. / KB - Aiden A. / KC - Jaxson B.
1A - Reese F. / 1B - Aide C. / 1C - Sydnee H.
2A - Evan M. / 2B - Courtney P. / 2C - Ava H.
3A - Taylor W. / 3B - William S.
4A - Isabel C. / 4B - Blake A. / 4C - Garrett L.
5A - Lukas S. / 5B - Christopher F. / 5C - Karlie B.
Breakfast is offered daily here at the school for students. It is served 20 minutes before the start of the day. On a regular school day it would be from 8:10 – 8:30. On PLC late start days it is from 9:25 – 9:45. The breakfast menu can be found on the top line of the lunch menu. Any students wishing to utilize this service the cost of breakfast is $1.00 or 30 cents for families that qualify for reduced meals. Applications for free/reduced meals is available in the school office.
STP is our school Parent/Teacher Group, they work very hard all year by organizing fun and exciting fundraising events like our Fun Run, Movie Nights etc. Please consider attending the next STP Meeting (April 20th). This is a great opportunity to learn how you can be more involved in your child's school and connect with other parents!
We would like to thank all the parents who have donated through our fundraisers or who have donated their time to make our events possible. We truly appreciate your continued support.