The Coyote Howl
Campo Verde High School
August 15, 2020
Starting on Monday, August 17th our online bell schedule will be changing. As we jumped into online learning we quickly realized several conflicts district-wide with the high school bell schedule. Any student that was also attending Global and EVIT were negatively impacted. This revised schedule should allow for more of your students to attend their live lessons on a regular basis. Additionally, the new schedule also better aligns with our brick and mortar in person bell schedule, which will allow the transition back to campus to go more smoothly.
Also, you will see that Wednesday will remain for small group instruction and one-on-one support. ALL STUDENTS MUST LOG INTO BUZZ EVERY SINGLE DAY INCLUDING WEDNESDAYS, even if they have not been asked to join small group sessions. Please remind your students to log into Buzz at the beginning of each day Monday through Friday.
If you have any questions please let me know. Thank you for your continued flexibility as we navigate through ongoing learning and changes.
For the most up-to-date back to school information, check out the GPS Back-To-School website. If you have any questions please let us know.
Thank you and stay well.
Krista Cox, Ed.D.
Campo Verde High School
Every Person, Every Day!
Just a reminder to follow us on social media.
Instagram: @cvhs_dr.cox Twitter: @CVHS_DrCox & @CVHSYotes
Facebook: Campo Verde High School
Face coverings are required on the bus and in-person begin Monday, August 17th.
Counselors by student last name alpha split:
(A-CH) Mr. Baker Google site link
(CI-GL) Mrs. Dewarrat Google site link
(GO-K) Ms. Diggs Google site link
(L-O) Mrs. McManus Google site link
(P-SI) Mrs. Lange Google site link
(SJ-Z) Mrs. Carpenter Google site link
Academic Interventionist- Mr. Wirth Google site link
Counseling Secretary- Mrs. Laurie Prosper 480-545-3100 Ext. 2121
Getting to know Mr. Wirth, our on-site Academic Interventionist
This form is to be used to send transcripts to colleges that you have applied to.
Once we have a signed form on file you do not need to resubmit a new one.
Whenever you apply to another college you can either email
with the new request or, (eventually) stop by my desk. Hope to see you soon.
Peggy Rodgers, Registrar
Activities and Clubs
Activities, Clubs, and Graduation
Grade Level: Juniors
Freshmen H - O
Cat Jones 480.545.3100 X 2101
Hey Coyotes, Campo's community service club is looking to start off a new year of service and wants to get as many people involved!
Key Club strives to mentor its members on how to lead and stand for what’s right through service and volunteerism. We are committed to making a positive impact as we continue to serve others in our community.
If you are interested in participating, fill out the attached paperwork and join our Google Classroom with the code: 63hon4s and join our Remind by texting: @keyclubz to 81010. Our first all-member virtual meeting will be on September 14th and the Webex link will be posted to our Google Classroom, we hope to see you there!
Click here to fill out the MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
Lou Coopey Photography regarding the policies and procedures for the upcoming senior photo sessions. Please note that Lou Coopey is our designated studio photographer for our senior portraits which will be featured in the 2020-2021 yearbook. There are 2 options available: Option 1 is at Lou Coopey Studios with multiple photos/styles (for a modest fee). Option 2 is on campus November 10th; one photo (professional dress/no cap and gown) and no sitting fee. Full details below. Please note only photos from Lou Coopey studios will appear in the reference section of the yearbook.
Schedule an appointment to have your photo taken at the Mesa studio with Lou Coopey before October 1st. Photos must be taken before October 1st to ensure placement in the yearbook.
• To do so, go to www.loucoopey.com then click on the large red banner across the top to book your appointment. To ensure the safety of all seniors we have put in place new COVID protocols for the photo session.
• Social distancing, masks, and hand sanitizing will be required of all customers and staff. All procedures will be as contact-free as possible.
• Dressing rooms, restrooms, and seating areas will be closed to the public.
• Only seniors, six at a time, with appointments will be permitted to enter the studio. No one else may accompany them.
• All studio services beyond the sitting: scheduling, ordering, and paying fees will be conducted online.
• A $40 deposit will be collected at the time of scheduling. This, along with a $10 complimentary coupon will be applied to each account, giving each senior a $50 credit toward the purchase of portraits and services. After 30 days the $10 complimentary credit expires and the $40 remains on account and can be used for any senior portrait purchase.
• Senior sessions will include 9-14 poses on a variety of backgrounds.
• The studio will not provide the usual loaner jackets, ties, shirts and drapes. Seniors will be required to come wearing the school-proscribed dress for senior portraits.
• All post-sitting contact will be done online, including choosing the yearbook pose, ordering, and any payment. Each senior will receive an online access code for their images and $50 credit.
• Cap & gown photos for graduation included. They are sanitized on site in commercial dryers between appointments per CDC sanitation requirements.
OPTION 2 (does not include cap & gown)
For those who do not pick Option 1, we will have an on-campus photo day on November 10th. This option does not allow for cap & gown photos.
• Students must be dressed professionally when they arrive at school that day. This includes a collared shirt with tie and dress shirts, suit coats, dresses, blouses, or other more formal dress.
• For both options, students must adhere to the dress code that includes shirt & tie (jacket highly encouraged), collared shirts, blouses, or dresses. Clothing cannot be transparent and must be free of logos/signage/text. Headwear is not permitted (except in the case of religious or medical purposes).
Failure to book a studio appointment and/or missing the senior on-campus session could result in the senior’s photo not appearing in the yearbook.
Campo Verde High School Yearbook Advisor
Fall sports calendar dates have been approved by the AIA Executive Board. The information below are the dates and times for when practice dates will begin for each sport. Athletic packets will need to be completed prior to the start date for each sport. Please follow this link Here for Register My Athlete to complete the online packet. Once it says "Ready for Tryouts" athletes will be cleared to try out. Please check out www.cvhsathletics.com for the recent information.
Boys Golf - Home course is Springfield Golf Course. August 17th is the first day of tryouts beginning between 2:45PM-3:00PM, pick up no later than 5:00PM Golf Parent Packet will need to be turned in the first day.
Girls Golf - Home course is Springfield Golf Course. August 17th is the first day of practices August 17th Monday-Thursday 3:00-5:00PM. Email Coach Gary Wolf to get the link for the online store.
Spiritline - Tryouts begin August 20th - August 21st 3:00-5:00 PM, August 22nd 8:00-10:00 AM. Check out Cheer Website Here for more tryout information.
ESports - Registration is currently ongoing with a preseason start date of Sept. 15. No physical is required for Esports. Register My Athlete does need to be completed.
Cross Country - First Practice – Aug. 24 - check out Cross Country Website Here for practice times.
Swimming & Diving - First Practice – Aug. 24 - Home pool is at Greenfield Junior High. Practice begins at 4:30 for dry-land workouts and will go until 7:00 PM. Please be sure to complete the Practice Bus Survey by Monday, August 17th 9:00AM. Practice transportation will start AFTER we return back to in-person school.
Badminton - First Practice – Aug. 31 - 3:00-5:00 PM in the Mini Gym.
Volleyball - Tryouts begin Aug. 31 - 3:00-6:00 PM in the Main Gym. There will be two tryout sessions each night. August 31st and September 1st.
Football - First Practice – Sept. 7 - Equipment Hand Out will be September 4th starting varsity at 3:00 PM. Equipment will only be handed out to those that have everything completed on Register My Athlete. Athletic Fee does not need to be paid until September 21st.