Blair Oaks High School - December 6, 2019
Think about it Thursday!
We are practicing for:
ASVAB - military
Accuplacer - Technical college/ Community college
Work force - learning about careers
ACT - 4-year university
They can also practice at home; they just need to set up the account while they are at school. Most students should have done this already. Each student should have made an account with Learning Express. (https://www.learningexpresshub.com/)
Feel free to learn more from the presentation that Jill Shanley put together.
Students of the Month
Spanish Club Fundraiser ~ 12/2-12/16
The Spanish club is participating in the Pulsera Project. They are selling "Pulseras" (bracelets) for $5.00 and "bolsitas" (mini purses) for $10.00 from 12/02/2019 - 12/16/2019. These products are handwoven, and are of many different vibrant colors. The project is very important, because this is how many people in South America make a living.
The Pulsera Project is a nonprofit organization that educates, empowers, and connects Central American artists with students in more than 2,800 U.S. schools. They brighten U.S. schools with art and compelling cultural education while employing nearly 200 artists and investing proceeds to create lasting change in Central American communities.
Band Fundraiser ~ Dec. 9
- Mod Pizza, 1709 Missouri Blvd, Jefferson City
- Eat any time during the day
- Present copy of flyer (link below) for band to receive a donation.
Mod Pizza Band Fundraiser Flyer
This is an easy fundraiser. Spread the work and eat some good food!
Cookie Drive ~ Dec. 12
The Jefferson City Community will once again help Maureen Murphy bake cookies for sailors on the USS Murphy. The ship has 267 sailors and they love their sweets. Our goal is to bake a variety of cookies and place them in Ziploc bags and ship them for the sailors to help honor Michael Murphy and the current servicemen and women.
- You can help by donating money to help pay for shipping cost.
Please write check to: Blair Oaks
- Gather with your friends and family to bake cookies to send to the sailors on the USS Michael Murphy. Any variety of cookie will be greatly appreciated!
- Place the cookies in Ziploc bags and bring them to Blair Oaks High School (Coach Holtmeyer’s room) on Thursday, December 12th.
- See the flyer for more information:
Cookies for Murph Flyer
Senior Composite Retake Day ~ Dec. 13
Wagner Portrait Group will be at school on Friday, December 13th, to take Senior Composite photographs for those who missed the original date or those who would like their photo retaken. These are used for the group photo that hangs in the school hallway.
GUYS: You will be photographed in a solid colored long sleeve dress shirt and tie. Please dress accordingly.
GIRLS: You will be photographed in a traditional drape provided by Wagner Portrait Group.
- Dec. 18, Wednesday - 1st, 2nd, and 7th hour finals
- Dec. 19, Thursday - 3rd, 4th, and 6th hour finals
- Dec. 20, Friday - 5th hour final
- Dec. 20, Friday - Celebration day! Celebrate our successes!
Schedule Changes ~ Deadline Dec. 20
- Schedule change forms are available in the counselor's office.
- All second semester schedule changes must be made prior to Christmas break. There will be no schedule changes after Christmas break.
- Any student wanting to drop or enter a year-long class will need to complete a schedule change form and get the required staff signatures as well as parent signature.
PowerSchool Parent Portal Info
Survey ~ We'd love your input!
Every three years, the Counseling Department asks for feedback from parents, students, and staff as part of the Missouri Comprehensive Guidance and Counseling model. This is an important piece of feedback to determine the direction of counseling in the Blair Oaks R-II School District. Please take 2-3 minutes to give the district counselors your thoughts. Thanks so much!
Cowboy Boots & Country Roots ~ Feb. 22
The Blair Oaks FFA Alumni & Supporters is hosting a “Cowboy Boots & Country Roots” Dinner & Dance on Saturday, February 22, 2020 at the Wardsville Lions Club with music from Shiloh. Tickets will be available in January 2020. Tickets $40 per person or $320 for a table of 8. For more information contact Travis Roling at 573-690-7740 or Angie Thessen at 573-528-9788. We hope to see you there!
Mark Your Calendar
- July 4-12, 2020
- August 2-9, 2020
As a coaching staff it was decided to try splitting the dead weeks for this upcoming year.
July's dead week will be for sports and activities and it means that the campus and weight room are completely closed to all extra curricular activities.
August's dead week is for all fall sports. MSHSAA requires all sports to have a dead week prior to their first practice. This dead week is only for sport specific coaching. We can still lift and condition.
What does this mean to parents and athletes? You have options for vacations, kids have a chance to let their bodies rest and they can be kids.
Mark your calendars!
- 7 - Band in Christmas Parade
- 10 - FFA Chapter Christmas Party
- 11 - Sophomore Field Trip to Nichols Career Center, 1:00-2:50 p.m.
- 12 - Cookies for Murph Fundraiser
- 13 - Payment deadline for 2nd Semester Dual Enrollment Classes
- 13 - Senior Composite Photo Retake Date
- 14 - Band & Choir Christmas Concerts
- 16 - Spanish Club Fundraiser Deadline
- 18 - High School Finals
- 19 - High School Finals
- 20 - High School Finals, Celebration Day
- 20 - End of 2nd Quarter
- 20 - Early Release, 12:30 p.m.
- No School, Winter Break:
Dec 23-27, 30-31, Jan 1-3
- 6 - School Resumes
Blair Oaks High School
Providing a quality education and empowering lifelong learners
We envision soaring to new heights through:
Leadership and Service