The Lake Ridge Bridge
January 30-February 3, 2023
Need translation other than English? Click on the Translate button. You will be able to translate the newsletter to your desired language.
¿Necesita otra traducción además del inglés? Haga clic en el botón Traducir.
هل تحتاج إلى ترجمة غير الإنجليزية؟ انقر فوق الزر "ترجمة".
Cần dịch khác tiếng Anh? Nhấp vào nút Dịch.
From the Principal
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Last week, we hosted a Parent University about the STAAR test. Thank you to the parents who were able to attend. If you did not get a chance to attend, there will be another one scheduled after the STAAR Interim Assessments. See below for the presentation which includes information about resources.
There are many events happening in February. February 2nd is the 100th day of school. If your child's teacher is doing something special for that day, he/she will communicate that information. However, as a school, we are celebrating by giving scholars either a 100th day pencil or bracelet for receiving a 100 on any assignment or test on that day! Later on that evening at 6:00 p.m., we will have a PTA meeting. We will first start off with LRE's Black History Month performance. Make sure that you come out and see our scholars' shine. More February events are located below. Be sure to scroll down, click on the links, and check out the specific calendar events at the end of the newsletter.
Some more gentle reminders:
- Scholars should be in attendance daily unless the absence is due to illness or an emergency.
- Please make sure that your child returns with their coat or jacket daily. If not, make sure to check the lost and found immediately.
- Scholars must be free from fever for 24 hours.
- Remember to notify the office by 2:00 p.m. if you are picking up your child/children early. Also, notify the office of any changes in pick-up. Anyone picking up a child/children must provide government identification (driver's license, passport, DMV identification card). The office staff will check Skyward to make sure that the individual is allowed to pick-up your child/children.
- Don't get out of your car while in the pick-up lines in the morning or afternoon.
- Scholars must be in school uniform daily unless one of the following conditions applies:
- Free dress on Mondays for perfect attendance the prior week.
- Workout Wednesdays-Scholars can dress in warm-ups/athletic clothes. No shorts or tank tops.
Some information is always included in this newsletter because of new families joining Lake Ridge Elementary. It also serves as reminders. With that being said, scroll down to the bottom for additional important dates/information.
Principal Dr. Washington
Black History Month Celebration @Lake Ridge Elementary (February 2, 2023)
Parent University Presentation
Morning Arrival Procedures:
Doors open daily at 7:45 a.m.
Scholars arriving by bus will enter through Door #14.
Scholars in Pre-K & their siblings will enter through Door #12.
Scholars in ECSE/SKILL & their siblings will enter through Door #11.
All other scholars (car riders and walkers), will enter through Door #1/Main Entrance.
- Vehicles may enter the school driveway via the back/second driveway that runs behind the building and form one line.
- Only those going to the Main Office or dropping off with the classes indicated for Door #11 and Door #12 should enter the main driveway.
Parents should follow the arrows that indicate the flow of traffic and drop off only in the lane next to the sidewalk. Children should not be dropped off in the center lane to ensure safety.
Walkers should not be dropped off via car. To be a walker, that means the scholar walks to the campus from his/her residence.
After the first day of school, parents will not be able to walk their children to their classrooms. All parents & visitors must report directly to the Main Office.
Dismissal occurs daily at 3:35 p.m.
Scholars in Pre-K & their siblings will exit through Door #12.
Scholars in SKILL & their siblings will exit through Door #11.
Scholars who ride the bus or walk home will exit through Door #14.
Scholars picked up via Private Daycare transportation will exit through Door #1.
Scholars who are picked up by car will exit through Door #5 (remain in cafeteria until called).
Parents may enter the school driveway via the back/second driveway that runs behind the building and form one line.
As the cars approach the pick-up area, the scholars will be called outside and will wait for a faculty member to load them into the cars.
Anyone picking up a scholar must have the color-coded card prominently displayed. If the card is not present, then the scholars(s) will be sent to the front office, and the driver will need to show proper identification.
Parents, please stay in your car at all times. Children will not be released if a parent walks up to the cafeteria door.
Only those going to the Main Office for appointments or picking up with the classes indicated for Door #11 and Door #12 should enter the main driveway.
If there is a change in how a scholar regularly gets home, please call the Main Office or email Dr. Washington, Ms. Vance or Ms. Cooke by 2:00 p.m. This will help avoid confusion.
The latest time to check a scholar out via the Main Office is 3:00 p.m. After that time, please wait until the regularly scheduled dismissal.
If your child is in Right at School, remember that checkout begins after 4:00 p.m.; that occurs at Door #5.
Walkers should not be picked up via car. To be a walker, that means the scholar walks to his/her residence from the campus.
The picture below shows how to properly place your car tag(s) for dismissal:
Driveway #1: Yellow
Driveway #2: Orange
K-5: Green Line (morning arrival=Door #1; dismissal=door #5)
ECSE/PK/SKILL: Blue Line
Main Office/Parking: Red Line
If you would like to recognize your child at school on his/her birthday that falls on a school day, please contact your child’s homeroom teacher so that he/she can notify the office. On your child's birthday, you may drop off store bought cupcakes or packaged fruit and individual juice/water at the time indicated by the teacher if you have communicated with the teacher. If your child's birthday falls on a weekend or on a non-school day for students, no alternate arrangements will be made.
Arrangements should be made prior to the child's birthday so that the teacher can verify that it will not interrupt scheduled class activities.
Birthdays in Montessori Primary and Lower Elementary are generally celebrated with an activity called "Walk Around the Sun". Each classroom, including Upper Elementary, has their own way of celebrating birthdays which is communicated by the classroom teacher.
CHISD C.A.R.E.S. & CHISD KUDOS
Unfortunately, there are times when a member of the Longhorn Family experiences a death. Employees, or families of scholars or former CHISD employees who wish to share the information are asked to complete the CHISD CARES (Cares About Retirees Employees & Scholars) form. The CHISD Communications Office handles all CHISD C.A.R.E.S submissions and shares the information via email to all staff. C.A.R.E.S notifications will be sent out by the end of the day that the form was received; if the submission is received after 2:30 p.m. it might not be sent out until the following business day.
The C.A.R.E.S form is available on the communications page of chisd.net. Here is a direct link.
The CHISD Communications Department loves to share the positive experiences and interactions happening across the district.
If you want to share some kudos for a parent, employee or scholar who exhibits the Longhorn Essentials, please email a description/information to firstname.lastname@example.org and you might see your kudos on one of the district’s social media accounts.
- January 9-31: CLI/TX-KEA2 testing.
- February 2: PTA Meeting/LRE Black History Month Celebration @6:00 p.m.
- February 2: 100th Day of School
- February 9: Speak Up (6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.) in the cafeteria
- February 10: LRE Valentine's Day Party @5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
- February 16: District PD (No school for Scholars)
- February 17: Parent/Teacher Conferences (7:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.)
- February 20: Holiday (School closed)
- February 21-February 27: STAAR Interim Assessments (Grades 3-5)
- February 23: District Black History Month Celebration @PAC (6:00 p.m.-8:00p.m.)
- January 9-31: CLI/TX-KEA2 testing.
Campus Assistant Principal
Campus Secretary and Office Manager
Campus Attendance Clerk
Lake Ridge Elementary
Location: 1020 Lake Ridge Parkway, Cedar Hill, TX, United States
Phone: (972) 293-4501