Home of the Aledo Bearcat E-News
September 3, 2020 • aledoisd.org
Thank you for helping our Bearcats have their Best Start Aug. 19-Sept. 4!
Thank you, Aledo ISD community, for helping our Bearcats have their Best Start August 19-September 4!
As we return to full-time in-person learning or full-time remote learning form home - depending on which instructional choice your family made for this 9-week grading cycle - we want to remind you that double the Bearcats on campus each day means double the traffic. Please be patient as we return to learn full time next week!
The district will continue to follow all health and safety protocols that are outlined in the Return to Learn Handbook, which can be found at aledoisd.org/returntolearn.
Please remember that in-person learners are counted absent if they do not report in person, with the exception being if it is a COVID-19-related absence and the district has informed the student that they can access their classwork remotely and be counted as remote asynchronous present.
Important upcoming dates for Bearcat families:
- Friday, Sept. 4: Bearcats Best Start hybrid schedule ends
- Monday, Sept. 7: Labor Day student/staff holiday (all Aledo ISD buildings closed)
- Tuesday, Sept. 8: Full-time in-person learning or remote learning from home (depending on your family's instructional choice for this 9-week cycle) begins
- Monday, Sept. 14: Kindergarten-2nd Grade Seesaw Parent Course from 5-6 p.m. (more information coming soon!)
- Tuesday, Sept. 15: 3rd-12th Grade Canvas Parent Course from 5-6 p.m. (more information coming soon!)
- Thursday, Sept. 17: Virtual Curriculum Night for Elementary Schools (more information coming soon!)
- Tuesday, Sept. 22: Virtual Curriculum Night for McAnally Intermediate and Aledo Middle School (more information coming soon!)
- Monday, Sept. 28: Virtual Curriculum Night for Daniel Ninth Grade, Aledo Learning Center and Aledo High School (more information coming soon!)
- Friday, Oct. 2: Deadline to request to change instructional models for the second 9-week grading cycle
Parents: Complete 2 additional Registration Steps for 2020-2021
The Aledo ISD is asking all parents and guardians to complete two additional steps - a Student Health Information Sheet and Academic Integrity Affirmation Statement - to complete registration for the 2020-2021 school year for each student. As we work to reduce paperwork sent home, the district has added these forms into the Ascender Parent Portal to electronically fill out.
Please complete the following steps for each Aledo ISD student in your family by 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 11, 2020:
- Log in to your Ascender Parent Portal. You will likely see that your student’s registration progress is at 83%.
- Steps 3 & 4 will show they are not complete in the left sidebar.
- Click on Step 3: Student Health Information Sheet. Complete this form and click “Save Form.”
- Click on Step 4: Academic Integrity Affirmation Statement. Complete this form and click “Save Form.”
Completing these steps should mark all registration steps as “Complete” in green. It is not necessary to click through each form to complete this process. As long as all of your steps in the left sidebar are marked “Complete” in green, your student’s registration is complete. When you return to the Ascender home screen, your student’s summary information should read 100%.
If you have any questions or issues with logging in and completing registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bond 2019 Update
The Board of Trustees also voted Monday to use the Competitive Sealed Proposal procurement method for the Vandagriff Elementary conversion and McAnally Intermediate renovation and addition projects later this fall, and the Board adopted the prevailing wage rate for Parker, Tarrant and Johnson counties for 2019 Bond program constructions projects.
Meals ready for pickup each Tuesday for Remote Learners; Free and Reduced-price meal applications now available
Remote-Learning Bearcats: Don't forget our meal pickup - with five breakfasts and five lunches - will continue to run from 7-9 a.m. every Tuesday at both McCall Elementary and at the AISD Police and Technology building across the street from Coder Elementary. Meal cost is the current meal status rate (free/reduced/paid), and students do not need to be present to pickup food. Plese call the Aledo ISD Child Nutrition department more information or questions at 817-441-5142.
Also, applications for free and reduced-price meals are now available! Families can go to www.schoollunchapp.com to apply. Click here for information about Free and Reduced-Price Meals: English | Spanish
AISD Launches Bearcat Care Program at all campuses
The Aledo ISD has launched Bearcat Care in partnership with the Parker County Hospital District Outreach Program, giving families and staff the ability to receive telemedicine medical care onsite at each campus.
Using telemedicine and a Medpod Medical Cart in the nurse’s office at each Aledo ISD campus, students and staff will have access to visit with Steven Welch, DO, the chief medical officer for the Parker County Hospital District and local health authority for Parker County.
Become a Bearcat Backer for 2020-2021!
Aledo ISD and the Aledo Education Foundation are partnering once again for the Bearcat Backer program, and we'd love your support!
As our district is #GrowingGreatness through exceptional experiences that empower learners for life, we are committed to fostering relationships and partnerships with our outstanding businesses and organizations to help support our Bearcats. Your partnership provides a direct investment and benefit to our Bearcat students and staff.
If your business is interested in joining our Bearcat Backers program, please visit our Bearcat Backers webpage that includes sponsorship levels as well as a commitment form to fill out.
Thank you to our 2020-2021 Bearcat Backers!
City of Willow Park
East Parker County Chamber of Commerce
Slade & Nash
Your Personal Chef
Please complete this form if a student or employee has ever tested positive, shown symptoms or been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19.