Thaila Mone't/ Acord English Reading Novice
The TB Song
Facts about TB
- Over 95% of Tuberculosis deaths occur in lower and middle income countries, and it is one of the top five causes of death for women aged 15-44.
- People who who carry TB do not always get sick, they can develop TB but the disease will not affect them.
- Tuberculosis is also known as TB.
- About 9 million people worldwide were infected with TB and 1.5 million of them died.
History about Tuberculosis
- Industrial Revolution associated the disease with vampires because they drain the energy and life from people.
- March 24, 1882 Dr.Robert Koch discovered this disease that was epidemic to people in the United States and Europe.
- Between 1990 and 2013 TB death rates dropped 45%
- Phthisis is a Greek word for consumption is another name for Tuberculosis.
In this picture show a person with TB in their lung and bleeds to death.
if you took TB and put it in a microscope it would look like this.
In this image there is a pair of dry lungs that has been effected by TB.
How The Body Reacts To Tuberculosis | MSF |