Pine Hollow Middle School
Pine Hollow News: October 12, 2020
We have reached the last week of the 1st Quarter! Although it hasn't been without some road bumps, I'm proud of how our students and staff have navigated Distance Learning and excelled through these challenging times. Please check out HomeLink for the most up to date grades for all your child's classes, and reach out to your teachers if you see any issues.
Also, please note that starting 2nd Quarter, teachers have decided to begin utilizing two due dates per week, instead of one. Starting 10/19, teachers will make regular homework due on Wednesdays at 9:00pm, and/or on Sundays at 9:00pm. This is an effort to help students better stay on track during the week and avoid procrastinating.
If your family cannot meet an assignment deadline, please contact the teacher so that you can explain what's going on. Although teachers are not accepting late work, they will be flexible if there are extenuating circumstances.
Finally, teachers will continue to use Google Sites as a place to post their Weekly Work Overviews, syllabi, and other class information that is not in Google Classroom. You can view those sites here:
Thank you again for all you are doing at home, and please reach out to us if we can answer questions, provide support, or direct you to additional resources. All the best,
Pine Hollow Middle School
Chat with Campo
On Thursday, October 22nd at 4:00pm, you can chat with Mr. Campopiano on Zoom about the following topics and more:
- 2nd Quarter Assignments, Grading, Etc.
- School Budget Breakdown
- District Re-Opening Plan
- PBIS and Spirit Days
This is a relaxed meeting for parents to connect with Mr. Campo, ask questions, and listen to the latest news about Pine Hollow. Join via Zoom here.
Virtual PBIS Rallies
We need help stocking the PBIS store with quality prizes for students. Please shop the Pine Hollow Wish List (all items ship directly to Pine Hollow). For every $10 in items you donate, you will receive one entry into the PTSA's raffle for an Echo Show!
From the PTSA Board
The PTSA is working hard to find ways to support the students and staff during Distance Learning. Below is some important info on upcoming events:
- Virtual Bingo Night. Join us on October 23rd from 7:30-8:30pm for Virtual BINGO night. Have a night of adult fun and win great prizes with our host Mr. Campo. There will be 5 games and you use the same cards for all games. Purchase 5 for $10 on the PTSA website.
- Weekly Dine & Donates. Skip cooking and support Pine Hollow. Click here for the schedule, and be sure to get extra guacamole at Chipotle this week!!!
- Purchase Spirit Wear. Students will start receiving PBIS points for wearing spirit wear during Zoom and the PTSA is posting weekly FB challenges. Click here to purchase spirit wear (flannel PJ pants just added)!
- Family raffle. Parents and families are working hard to support their students during distance learning. To show our support, the PTSA will be doing a monthly raffle with prizes for parents and families (check our FB page for more info). The first item up for grabs is two bottles of Rombauer wine!
- Facebook Updates. Stay up to date on everything we are doing by following us on FB.
- PBIS Store. Pine Hollow is launching the PBIS Program this week. The program was designed to reward students with points that they can use to shop in the PBIS store. The PTSA needs help stocking the store with quality prizes for students. Please shop the Pine Hollow Wish List (all items ship directly to Pine Hollow). For every $10 in items you donate, you will receive one entry into our raffle or an Echo Show!
- Coming soon… the Pine Hollow Virtual Holiday Fair will be November 1st – 30th. Families can shop small business and support Pine Hollow. If you are interested in being a vendor, please email email@example.com.