Eastside Dream Builders
Eastside Elementary Parent Newsletter
You’re invited to shop our Scholastic Book Fair online from Nov. 9th-22nd! All purchases benefit our school and connect kids with new books, favorite characters, complete series, and more.
You’ll love the NEW option to shop for Book Fair exclusives directly from the interactive booklist and enjoy these special online shopping features:
· Over 6,000 items, including new releases, best sellers, and value packs
· All orders ship direct to home
· FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25*
· All purchases support our school and earn 25% in rewards
Visit our Book Fair Homepage and click “Shop Now” to get started:
- Students will need to complete 1 literacy, 1 math, & 1 science assignment on our blended day, Monday, November 23rd through Google Classroom! Each child will need to complete assignments before they return from Thanksgiving break to count as attendance for the blended learning day.
- Extra yearbooks are available in the office! Softcover $20 Hardcover $25
- From Coach May Transportation Director: Any student not riding their regular bus must have a note signed by the office. We have several students each day that we are having to try and call parents to make sure they are going to the right place.
- Remember! The car rider line is a cell phone free zone!
- Instruction begins at 7:40 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50 please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- 3-5 parents, your child is provided with 3 masks by the district! We are noticing that some bus riders are forgetting to bring their masks each day! Please remind your child to bring a mask for bus riders!
- You may send a water bottle to school with your child and they may refill it at our touchless water refilling station.
- Parents will be able to come eat lunch with their child at our outdoor pavilion. Lunch times: 4th grade 10:30-11:00, 1st grade 11:00-11:30, 3rd grade 1:30-12:00, Kindergarten 12:00-12:30, 2nd grade 12:30-1:00, 5th grade 1:00-1:30.
- The updated school calendar for the 2020-2021 school year can be found here
SAVE THE DATES
November 16th- Progress reports
November 19th- Fall picture retakes
November 23rd- Blended Learning Day/ Eastside campus will be closed.
November 23rd-27th- Thanksgiving Break
December 1st-4th- ACT ASPIRE interim 2
December 18th- Nov. & Dec. spirit day
December 22nd- End of 2nd 9 weeks