October 7, 2015
VP MEMBERSHIP - Carson Denbow
Please remember to get me excuses and PROOF by October 20th.
Spirit Week begins January 17th and FMR begins January 21st! GET EXCITED IT'S GONNA BE THE BOMB.
Thank you all for abiding by the rules of the first quarter, I know they were kind of annoying. Second quarter begins after Fall Break (WOO!) So y'all can have contact with PNMs and tell them how great Greek Life is. More to come on that <3
VP OPERATIONS - Jen Mandelblatt
Hello Party People,
If you are running for Council (including Panhell Del) make sure you complete the new application. Please note that when you "sign" the form there is an important note about required attendance at the National Council Training Academy. Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on October 13th. If you wish to add a letter of intent that is due to Tarina (tmd228) by that time/date as well. And remember, new council MANDATORY retreat is Saturday Nov 21.
Applications for APOs will be due to me (jpm367) by October 24 at 11:59 p.m.Below you will find the descriptions of the positions as well as who currently holds/ last held the position. You will also find the online portion of the application (ranking your top five positions). In addition to the online portion, write a one-page letter of intent describing why you want the position, your qualifications and what you hope to accomplish. Current APOs MUST reapply even if you wish to continue in your position.
NEW APO Position: Centennial Committee. You may be permitted to serve on this committee as well as hold another APO Position.
Online APO application form:
Finally, keep filling out the chapter excellence survey!!https://kappadeltaforms.wufoo.com/forms/chapter-excellence-survey/
MUCH LOVE IN AOT!
PANHEL DEL Josselyn Tsai
Continue to apply to panhell exec!
Other things going on in the panhell community are posted at end of announcements
Appointed Officer Announcements
EVENTS Elise and Erin P
Hey guys! Juniors you can start filling out the form for Date Night. Sophomores can begin signing uptomorrow at noon. The link is in the Sunday announcements or on the Facebook page.
Enjoy your break!
Llenroc mixer @ 10pm Theme: DENIM DISASTER! Jackets, jeans, skirts, overalls, etc if it's denim you should be wearing it Thursday night. It'll be at the house and rides from KD and Schwartz.
Sig Phi mixer @ 10pm Theme: tbd
Chi Phi pregame @ 9pm Theme: tbd
Sammy mixer @ 10pm Theme: tbd (It's no longer sake bombing atm but we'll let you know if anything changes)
Alpha Chi Omega Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Fundraiser: https://www.givegab.com/nonprofits/alpha-chi-omega-at-cornell-university/campaigns/axo-the-advocacy-center-united-against-violence
- October 19th-23rd: Photo campaign and fundraising on Ho Plaza and Mann Library! Come tell us what love means to you!
- October 31st, 2 pm: Sprint in Her Stilettos! To cap off the month, we are holding our annual run- runners race in high heels in order to metaphorically "walk in the shoes” of so many women worldwide who experience domestic violence. Join us on Ho Plaza to support Cornell community members running to end domestic violence!
- November 7 at 7pm to November 8 at 8:06am at Barton Hall
- Register here: https://events.dancemarathon.com/event/BigRedThon
Delta Gamma Anchor Slam
- Sunday, October 18 from 2-4pm
- Jessup Basketball Courts on North Campus
- Team registration is $50 A team can give cash/check to Liz Kane, Caroline Giles, or Hayley Fish written to Delta Gamma Fraternity, OR venmo @Emma-Elizabeth.
Theta’s First Annual Fiesta Friday philanthropy
- Friday, October 16 from 4:30-6:30pm, 519 Stewart Ave
- Block party and dinner catered by Dos Amigos
- Pre-order an entry ticket $7. Tickets are $10 the day of the event.
- Order ticket: http://thetafiestafriday.eventbrite.com