Davidson Family Newsletter
We have had some beautiful days in February, but I am sure we can all agree it will be wonderful to have Spring bring with it some green trees and green lawns. Classrooms the first part of March are wrapping up reading and writing projects so that those are completed prior to spring break. Post spring break you will see projects and goals that are focused on priority mastery learning content. For our 3-5 grades, teachers make sure the kids have had time to learn the concepts they will be state tested over. K-2 goals focus on literacy with the main goal to have all kids reading on grade level by the end of the year.
This month is exciting for encore as they will be hosting Open Encore Night on March 2nd. This is a great time to see what your students learn during fine arts class. We also have our K/1 music performances March 8th at North Kansas City School as well as our Kindergarten Round Up on March 29th.
Spring is a busy time of year for families and schools. We are always here willing to partner with you in your child's educational journey. I hope you are able to get out and enjoy some March weather.
~ Mrs. Stauch
Mrs. Williams Reading Corner
Book Fair Hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9:00-4:00
- Wednesday 9:00-6:30
- Friday 9:00-Noon
Open Encore Night
- March 2nd, 5:00-6:00
- Create an Art Project, music fun and game!
- Book fair is open until 6:30 for parents to join with their students
- Do you have or do you know of a student that will be 5 years old before July 31st, 2022?
- Kindergarten Round up is happening at Davidson on March 29th, 5:30-7:00!
- Pre-K aged students will be screened
- You can turn in required documentation and be Kindergarten ready early for the 2022-2023 school year!
Kindergarten Enrollment for the 2022-2023 School year
Incoming Kindergartners for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year need to be 5 on or before 7/31/22!
Ms. Wades Resources and Helpful Information
Dear Davidson Family,
I wanted to take a minute to let you know about a couple of wonderful community resources
- Free Cell phone service-for families that meet their income guidelines. If you are interested, use the link below. https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/discounts-and-savings/affordable-connectivity-program.html
- Metropolitan Lutheran Ministries- They are a one-stop shop for family resources in the Northland. They have programs to help with utility bills, rent/housing, rehousing for families that are experiencing homelessness, eviction prevention, and food programs, They have also received funds for covid response and they are available as well. The link below will get you to their website where you can find online applications as well as more details about their programs.
- Mattie Rhodes Center- They are an amazing agency that provides a wide range of services with a specific focus on our Hispanic neighbors. They can provide mental health counseling, domestic violence intervention, service coordination, and more. They have a Northland Satellite office and have multilingual staff. The link to their website is below.
If you have any questions or need help accessing these programs, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
School/Community Resource Specialist
It's MAJOR SAVER time again!!
Incoming 6th Grade Summer School Camp
Hello future Eastgate families!
As March approaches, your students are going to be learning more about their future school, Eastgate 6th Grade Center. My name is Jessica, and I am the principal at Eastgate. I cannot wait to meet you and your students! Your student’s elementary counselor alongside our 6th grade center counselors will be working with your students to select class choices for the 2022-2023 school year. We will be mailing a postcard home soon, with a link to information about the upcoming school year, including a link to sign up for summer school transition camp. We are really excited about this summer school transition camp, as your students will be attending Eastgate during the summer and learning where classes are, how to open a locker, Eastgate procedures, as well as curriculum. The link to this information is also included here. Information includes: important enrollment dates, frequently asked questions, a flyer that explains class choices available for students next year, the summer school enrollment link, the 2022-2023 academic calendar, and information about band. As more information becomes available, we will add it to the drive linked above. We look forward to getting to know you in the coming months!
Dr. Jessica Nolin
Principal, Eastgate 6th Grade Center
“It’s a GREAT day to be an Eastgate Eagle!”
2022-2023 Preschool Screening
Call 816-321-5250 for additional information or you can visit https://www.nkcschools.org/domain/6433
North Kansas City High School Feeder Pattern Upcoming Events
Message from PTA
The next PTA General Meeting/ PTA Officer Election is on Tuesday, March 29th at 6:00 pm.
PTA is still seeking candidates for all positions, including President and Vice President.
If interested in a PTA Position, please email DavidsonCometsPTA@gmail.com
Each year, MinuteClinic provides thousands of sports physicals for athletes, either in-clinic or at an on-site event.
- MinuteClinic is open every day, including evenings. We are currently in Cass, Platte and Saint Louis counties. Find a local clinic
- The typical cost for a sports physical is $69 – seasonally discounted rates are available (Note: physicals are a self-pay service)
- Outside of physicals, most services are billable to insurance, and we accept most insurances
- If the athlete is under 18 years old, please inform them to come with their legal guardian or parent
- Patients can go online to make an appointment at www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/services/sports-physicals or just scan the QR code below
3/7-3/11 - Bus Driver Appreciation Week
3/10- MOD Pizza Night
3/14 - 3/18 - Spring Break / No School
3/29- Kindergarten Round-Up 5:30-7:00
3/29- PTA Meeting @ 7:00
4/8- Above All Trampoline Night (6:00PM-10:00PM)
4/29 - Movie Night @ NKCHS