"COMMITTED TO CHILDREN, COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE" 2015-2016
Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
Campus Goals & Targets
Algebra I, English I, English II - 65% STAAR at Level III ADV - 15%
Biology, U.S. History - 95% AP Exams - 10% College Readiness - 15%
ACP- 70% Passing in All Courses Student Attendance - 95% All Grade Levels
WEEK At A GLANCE
Monday November 16 PLC Theme: SPOT Observations
- Content Focus Walks during Collaborative Planning Periods: Focus - Engagement & Multiple Response Strategies
- Site Based Decision Making Team 5:00 pm
- PTA 6:00 pm
Tuesday November 17 PLC Theme: Effective Lesson Planning
- CILT Team Meeting 2nd period in Main Office Conference Room
Wednesday November 18 PLC Theme: Effective Lesson Planning Lesson Demonstrations
- LPAC Meeting @ 4:30pm in main office conference room
Thursday November 19 PLC Theme: Professional Development & Data Analysis
- 2015 Texas Youth Behavior Survey (Identified Classes)
Habit of Mind Focus Persisting II
Avenger Friday - Teachers Review/Reteach Low Performing SE's from the Week
- Instructional Coaches Training 9:00 am Room 238
- Picture Day Grades 9-11 Auditorium
Saturday November 21EOC SATURDAY SCHOOL 9:00am-12:00pm
We Celebrate YOU!!
- Jesus Mendoza 11/19
- Cynthia Waters 11/22
- Students should not be released from class without an official pass from the teacher... for an official pass see Mrs. Espinosa
- Doors are expected to open 10 minutes after the bell rings each period: following a tardy freeze
- Ear buds, food, and drinks are NOT allowed in class
- Staff should be visible in the hallways during passing periods, prompting students to class.
- All staff members are expected to model appropriate dress code per DISD policy....NO EXCEPTIONS
- ALL TEACHERS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT ATTENDANCE BY 4:15 pm DAILY
Lady Viking Basketball vs. Kimball
Tuesday, Nov. 17th, 6pm
3606 South Westmoreland Road
Boys Basketball Season Opener vs. Flower Mound HS
Tuesday, Nov. 17th, 5-10pm
3815 Spring Valley Road
College Day with the Doctor!
Superintendent Dr. Mike Hinojosa stops by during college day
Welcome Counseling Services!
Mrs. Waters with DISD counseling supervisor Tracy Brown
Coach Parnell assists students during Pinkston's college fair
The HARDEST Working Band.................
Viking band performs at Quintinilla's Fall Festival
Congrats to Coach Normore and the Lady Viking Basketball Team for a season opening win over Molina HS
College Fair a Success!
Students explore college options
INSTRUCTIONAL "LOOK FORS"
Evidence of Content BIG ROCKSMath - Student Reference Sheets/ Anchor Charts
Science - Vocabulary Journal Usage
Social Studies- Vocabulary Development & History Alive Implementation
ELAR - Balance Liberace & Text Based Evidence: Anchor Charts, Annotation Strategies
- USAGE of PINKSTON QUESTIONING PROTOCOL
- Evidence of Student SELF-Profiling
Lady Viking Basketball vs. Samuell
Friday, Nov. 20th, 6pm
2200 Dennison Street
College IS for ME!
Students discover college is a reality within grasp
Mr. Williams DJ's the College Fair
A Full House
Students had a variety of colleges to visit during the college fair