and the 1930's
History Channel - The Great Depression
What does it mean?
Unwillingness to accept views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from one's own.
Intolerance Then and Now
- Churches were divided into Black churches and White churches
- Blacks were viewed as inferior beings
- Whites were told to never interact with African Americans
- Blacks were segregated
- Blacks did not really have any rights whatsoever
- Churches accepts all races
- Some groups still view blacks as inferior beings (example: KKK)
- All races and people interact with each other
- Blacks are not segregated
- Blacks have the same rights as everyone else
A Brief Rap on Intolerance