Summer Book Club
For the Gallaghers and their Friends!
What's this all about?
Mrs. Gallagher really wants her kids to read this book-- one of her favorites. She thought it would be fun to have their friends read it with them!
Flipped is a great book that is perfect for boys and girls (even though the cover looks girly).
- Read the book on your own from June 20th-July 26. I have copies for everyone to borrow!
- Come to the book club meeting on July 26th at our house to watch the movie based on the book.
- Requirements to attend the meeting:
- You have read the book -- no watching the movie without reading first!
- Be ready to answer this question: Why is this book is entitled Flipped? There are lots of "right" answers!
More about the book Flipped by Wendlin Van Draanen...
In alternating chapters, two teenagers describe how their feelings about themselves, each other, and their families have changed over the years. Bryce moves in next door to Julianna in 2nd grade. He immediately can't stand her and she has the biggest crush on him. Lots of things happen to them leading up to 8th grade when everything flips!
Book Club Meeting
Friday, Jul 26th, 1:30-5pm
The Gallaghers, 5 Burnt House Road, Shamong, NJ 08088
We'll have popcorn, drinks and candy for the movie!
If you borrowed a copy of the book, return it on 7/26.