Miss Sears' Class News
November 18th - November 22nd
THANKSGIVING BREAK IS NOV. 25-29!
***3 Weeks Progress Reports Go Out This Week***
Performance Reminder NOV. 19th
Starting the week after Thanksgiving Break, students will be required to spend 30 minutes-1 hour each week on Istation. Istation is an individualized reading program to help with content vocabulary and comprehension. Click here to download Istation to use at home.
A Peek In Our Classroom:
Hunter, Jaylan, and Aden working on different ways to solve multiplication problems
Samantha and Casey work together to show the Breaking Apart and Box Multiplication strategies
Medda, Andrew E., Gia, and Anelise peer edit each others' papers during Writer's Workshop
Weekly Curriculum Update Nov.18-22
- Math- Multiplying 2 digit x 2 digit numbers and multi-step problem solving.
**Students need to be studying their multiplication facts at home**
- Writing- Thankful writing paragraph.
- Reading- Story Elements--characters, setting, and summary.
- Science- Review Heat and Thermal Energy and begin Forces unit.
- Social Studies-Begin early explorers of Texas unit.
- Monday: Heat and Thermal Energy Open Note Quiz (major grade)
- Wednesday: 8's Multiplication Quiz
- Thursday: Topic 7 Math Assessment (major grade)
- Friday: Spelling Test
- Friday: Story Elements Test (major grade)
Classroom Items Needed:
- Expo Markers
- Small zip-loc plastic bags