Physical Education Newsletter
Fall is in the Air
The weather has cooled off, the leaves are changing, and we've set the clocks back. It's Fall! That means that we are over a 1/4 of the way through the school year and finals will be here before we know it.
November is a short month in the school world, but we are still busy! Check the upcoming events below.
In this season of giving thanks, I want to thank each of you for your work developing rigorous and relevant course work for our students.
Enjoy the weather and eat lots of turkey!
Mastery Connect Update
- Mastery Connect has taken over the task of entering course-specific standards, and their goal is to have those all entered and viewable to teachers by November 25.
- In preparation for final exams, each teacher should log in to Mastery Connect and create a tracker for each of your semester 1 classes. IMPORTANT: Trackers need to be aligned to the standards for that course. To find your standards, you will need to scroll to the Missouri standards section and select PE or Health GLEs.
- For a video tutorial, click here: http://files.masteryconnect.com/support/videos/fhsd_create-a-tracker_how-to.mp4
- Beginning this week, I will be entering final exams for classes as the standards become available. Once I enter the exam, it should populate in your tracker.
- If you have questions or need help, please let me know, or ask your department chair.
Everyone should have received the email with your redemption code for the FG App. A few people had issues while installing the app. If you are having trouble and haven't contacted me yet, please do so.
The Physical Best books have been ordered for the middle schools and high schools. As soon as I get them, I will put a copy for each building in the pony. This was the resource Jeannine referenced throughout our FG training. Each elementary should already have a copy of this fantastic resource!
iPad App purchases
I hope you are all figuring out how cool your iPad is! I've gotten a few requests for app purchases. I do have some money to spend on apps (remember how much money we saved by getting our colorful cases?!?).
The elementary teachers generated a list of possibilities at our PD day Friday. If anyone at the upper levels have a request, please email me the name and description of the app along with how you would use it in your classroom. I will not be able to buy them all, but I will do my best to meet your needs!