December 29, 2015
January 8th Weekly Test Info
We will be reviewing long division when we get back in. We will also be learning division with decimals, and writing remainders as decimals.
Greek and Latin Roots pro-
This test will be on January 11th
- probable (adj)- likely; likely to move in a positive direction
- proceed (v)- to move forward; to go; to follow through with an idea or plan
- projectile (n)- a forward-moving object that was thrown or self-powered
- prolong (v)- to draw out; to make something moving forward last longer
- promotion (n)- a movement forward in a company; a movement up into a better position in a job
- propel (v)- to cause to move forward
- prospect (n)- the act of looking forward in anticipation of something to come
- protest (v)- to forward a complaint, objection, or display of unwillingness
The Unit 2 Test Class Average was an 86%. They did a great job!
Just some photos from Disney
Disney's Magic Kingdom: Main Entrance
Disney's Epcot World Showcase: France
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Anyone know what this was from? Hint, Hint, you had an optional, cool homework assignment on it?!
I missed you guys...
Seriously, being away for a week and two extra days was great time with my family. However, I love teaching. I also missed being with you guys and often found myself wondering how you all were faring while I was away. I hope you are well rested and ready to return for learning. Did you watch a Star Wars movie? Did you spend time with your family? That's probably the most important thing to do over break. So if you haven't, please make time for your parents. See you all soon!